2004r CZF shift firmness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

83MonteCarloSS

Greasemonkey
Oct 5, 2015
Do the Servo, the HD-2 kit comes with it. I could never get firm shifts without it. Just don't use all the washers that come with it without checking clearance. I did and had awesome shifts but took out the band. I believe I used one washer this time, not all three, when I checked the band clearance.

Thanks, any idea what kind of mileage the trans had when it took out the band? Also what kind of power was the motor making?

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Junkyard 2004R that looked in decent shape from a 85 Lesabre. 1976 Olds 350 in very good shape. With the Performer cam and factory 7.9 to 1 compression, had 140 to 142 compression all 8 cylinders with great oil pressure, Sanderson 1 5/8" shorty headers with crappy dual exhaust, 1900 flash stall D9 converter with 3.42 open gears ran high 9's in the 1/8(mid 15's) with ignition issues. I followed Dr Dan's advice for setting the servo this time, this trans was a used to rebuild with upgraded frictions. Like I said gramma like shifts, except for a somewhat noticeable auto downshift into low coming to a stop under light throttle and very firm but not harsh shifts under heavy throttle.

83MonteCarloSS

Greasemonkey
Oct 5, 2015
Quick update. I don't want the thread to die. I bought the Transgo HD2 Shift Kit and am waiting on a TCC solenoid. Once I install it I'll update the thread with results.

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Quick update. I don't want the thread to die. I bought the Transgo HD2 Shift Kit and am waiting on a TCC solenoid. Once I install it I'll update the thread with results.

I have done both of those mods to my OZ code 200r4. Happy to help if you have any questions.

Reactions: 2 users

83MonteCarloSS

Greasemonkey
Oct 5, 2015
I have done both of those mods to my OZ code 200r4. Happy to help if you have any questions.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I read through the instructions on the shift kit and the two things I'm debating are plugging the one passage in the plate and dual feeding the third clutch.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I read through the instructions on the shift kit and the two things I'm debating are plugging the one passage in the plate and dual feeding the third clutch.

Plugging the passage in the plate is no biggie, I did it with mine too. Just go slow and take your time. Biggest thing is to get it deformed evenly so it stays in place snugly.

I don't recall the third clutch dual feed mod, I'd have to go back and have a look thru the manual to refresh my memory.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The dual feed and billet servo were the two changes to the Transgo kit. I was told not to do the dual feed option. The plug is easy to do in the seperator plate.

83MonteCarloSS

Greasemonkey
Oct 5, 2015
The dual feed and billet servo were the two changes to the Transgo kit. I was told not to do the dual feed option. The plug is easy to do in the seperator plate.
Thanks for the input. I'm not worried about installing the plug. I'm more curious why and what it is blocking off. I'll have to look at the circuit drawing.

Last edited:

83MonteCarloSS

Greasemonkey
Oct 5, 2015
I also did the plug but I did the dual feed mod the way the builders do it. I didn't want to drill the case.
I went back through your build thread and didn't see how you accomplished the dual feed for 3rd. Mind sharing? I don't want to drill the case either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor