2017 OK/MO Route 66 G-Body Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
I'm thinking about going down. I just got the car back on the street. I've driven it around for about an hour, but I haven't taken it on any longer hauls yet. Hopefully it won't the event won't catch me at a point when I've got it taken apart for upgrades.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I will bring something

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
My wife has put it on the calendar at her work. I'm excited to get my Salon finished up to stretch it's legs. Thinking about getting a GoPro for this event. Be a cool YouTube video for sure
Looks to be about a 13 hour trip from Winnipeg it is my birthday on the 23 what a way to spend it I am going to try and trailer down my Cutlass and try drive it in the route hopefully work is not to crazy I drive to Kansas speedway every year for the NASCAR race in October so it cant be that much difference in distance will try my best have a good day Jeff from Winnipeg

Reactions: 2 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Looks to be about a 13 hour trip from Winnipeg it is my birthday on the 23 what a way to spend it I am going to try and trailer down my Cutlass and try drive it in the route hopefully work is not to crazy I drive to Kansas speedway every year for the NASCAR race in October so it cant be that much difference in distance will try my best have a good day Jeff from Winnipeg
You are more than welcome to park your truck/trailer at my house. I live in a housing addition connected to Route 66

• Winner
  • Friendly
Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
After some prodding from Robert (HAFROD) yesterday, I've decided to attend. My GP will not be ready so I will come in my daily. It's an 08 Sierra Regular Cab/Short Bed. It's far from stock so I won't feel like I'm tagging along in a Corolla. Robert was even nice enough to invite me to drive his El Camino. My truck has a fiberglass tonneau cover so I will plan on loading the truck down with a floor jack, tools, tow strap, jumper cables, wood, jack stands, etc. and I will follow as a support/roadside assistance vehicle. Hopefully we won't need any of it. I'm looking forward to meeting those of you who are coming and I'm looking forward to the show. O'Reilly is a good client for us. I'm a land surveyor and we do a lot of work for them here in Texas. I will likely try to meet with a few of the folks with O'Reilly that I work for while up there for a hello. It should be a good trip. I'll plan to be in Tulsa Friday afternoon/early evening if folks want to get together for dinner/a few beers.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
O'Reilly is a good client for us.

Just so there's no confusion, we're not (yet) doing anything actually official with O'Reilly or the Street Machine Nationals.... They just happen to be the main sponsors of those shows, and that's where we're headed....

....also AWESOME, can't wait to see you here. You can be support ;) I have got to get this artwork and therefore posters and stuff done. I was supposed to have a metric f-ton of "free" time but that hasn't happened.

EDIT: Of course I'm sure you knew that and didn't mean anything to the contrary, still, just wanted to be up front about it.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Just so there's no confusion, we're not (yet) doing anything actually official with O'Reilly or the Street Machine Nationals.... They just happen to be the main sponsors of those shows, and that's where we're headed....

....also AWESOME, can't wait to see you here. You can be support ;) I have got to get this artwork and therefore posters and stuff done. I was supposed to have a metric f-ton of "free" time but that hasn't happened.

EDIT: Of course I'm sure you knew that and didn't mean anything to the contrary, still, just wanted to be up front about it.
Yes, I realize there is no official affiliation. I was just stating that since I will be in Springfield, where they are headquartered, I will try to have a face to face with some of these folks that I've worked for, for years but have never met in person.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor