2017 OK/MO Route 66 G-Body Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Can somebody post a recap....dates, times. I probably can't make the whole thing, but would like to meet up with people that i can. Thinking I might try to tag along with the TX guys when they come through central OK, up to Tulsa area at least

I can guarantee you that mine will be in the running for roughest car, so I expect i'll be relegated to bringing up the rear ;)

sportriderOK

Greasemonkey
Mar 3, 2016
Mannford, OK
Brian, the first post in this thread has the most up to date information on the trip from the Whale to Springfield. Maybe the Texas guys should start a thread with their plans to get that far?

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Thanks, I'll reread it...been a while and I know originally there wasn't a lot nailed down

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Less than 2 months remaining.

I WILL get some t-shirts and window decals done up, along with a place to register and pony up. It won't be required but there won't be a ton of extras if you just arrive. well probably with the stickers but you know what I mean. Will also help to gauge # for each size shirt etc. so I can get extras. That better happen this week or next or things will start getting tight.

Also a reminder if you're planning on putting your car in the Street Machine Nationals to get your car registered. Pre-registration is $35 and you can do it online or by fax/mail until the 17th. Registration at the door is $55. You have to do that with the SMN people separately. If you're just walking in they'll get you for parking and at the gate, you'll have to look that up yourself.

Here are a couple of links for that:

I don't know any other info than what above, as far as show parking, grouping, etc. no clue. We'll be getting there rather late for a one-day show so no telling.

Maybe we can get those who are still planning to turn out to reply with a YEAH and what car/how many people/when you're getting to Tulsa area/in the Nationals or not/etc. so we can start nailing down final plans? or PM me if you're not comfortable throwing details out in public.

Last edited:

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I expect to be at the Hard Rock in Catoosa by around 4:00 PM Friday. I plan to drive back to Catoosa after the car show Saturday night, hopefully following the majority of the crowd since I'm coming in my truck as a support vehicle. I can change that if everyone wants to stay in Springfield Saturday night but I'd like to know that soon so I can reserve a room in Springfield. Right now I have a room booked at the Hard Rock for both nights. I'd love to get together with some of you guys Friday night, maybe for dinner and beers at the Hard Rock.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
The show officially ends at 8pm, but I imagine a good portion of people and vendors will have left well before that. Not sure about show events and schedule so everyone can see what's worth sticking around for. I plan on returning home Sat. nite via the interstate (about 3.5-4 hr) so there's that.

I Should mention that I-44 between the OK state line and Catoosa/Tulsa is a toll road, if anyone (like Jared) is planning on returning (or going even) that way. Right now its $4.50....

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
To add to the toll road info for Texans, it's also toll from where I44 leaves I35...basically from OKC to the OK/MO state line which obviously includes the leg mentioned by GP403

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
To add to the toll road info for Texans, it's also toll from where I44 leaves I35...basically from OKC to the OK/MO state line which obviously includes the leg mentioned by GP403
Thanks. I did a little research and see the NTTA toll tags will work on the OK turnpikes but it is unclear to me if my EZ Tag (Harris County Toll Road Authority) will work up there. I emailed Pikepass to find out.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Thanks. I did a little research and see the NTTA toll tags will work on the OK turnpikes but it is unclear to me if my EZ Tag (Harris County Toll Road Authority) will work up there. I emailed Pikepass to find out.

It just might. I know my Pikepass worked on the toll road in Dallas from 75 to the airport.... I think there was some sort of reciprocal thing going on.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
It just might. I know my Pikepass worked on the toll road in Dallas from 75 to the airport.... I think there was some sort of reciprocal thing going on.
They are definately working in that direction but it is unclear on the website if/when it is operational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor