2017 OK/MO Route 66 G-Body Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
So just how many of you guys are driving this? Also driving a G body or not? This will be the trip for my Salon to see if it's reliable or not. I'm bringing a new EXTRA fuel pump, complete HEI dist., alternator, and some tools. This is going to be awesome. It is a rarity around these parts to even see a G body driving around. Hope we don't cause any accidents with people rubber necking. o_O

Reactions: 4 users

ldr

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2016
Sarcoxie, MO
Pretty sure I'm cruising with you. I will be in my Malibu. I think the wagon might make the trip, and I might see if a few non g's want to go with us.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'm still committed to coming in my truck as a support vehicle. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guys in person. I'm also looking forward to seeing the Salon in person. I love that build thread.

Reactions: 1 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
I'm going if . . . well if it ain't back together by this fall, I'm either lying dead under it or I've locked the garage and I'm never coming out from sheer embarrassment . . .

So, I guess . . . since I'm not a big fan of being squished or embarrassed, let's hope for some Garth participation!

Reactions: 2 users

ldr

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2016
Sarcoxie, MO
I'm going if . . . well if it ain't back together by this fall, I'm either lying dead under it or I've locked the garage and I'm never coming out from sheer embarrassment . . .

So, I guess . . . since I'm not a big fan of being squished or embarrassed, let's hope for some Garth participation!

Nothing like a good thrash before a trip.

Reactions: 1 user

sportriderOK

Greasemonkey
Mar 3, 2016
Mannford, OK
I'm planning on driving the Monte. I'm finishing up my interior install and I've ordered a new transmission that should be in next week. As soon as I find a good upholstery shop to install my seat covers she'll be on the road again!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

sportriderOK

Greasemonkey
Mar 3, 2016
Mannford, OK
That's what everyone tells me. I guess I should try it myself first. They're just so damn expensive I'd hate to screw them up.

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
I was planing on going but neither my El Camino or Malibu is driveable to make the trip at the moment. Wish the brand new motor I installed in my El Camino months ago wasnt messed up needing new rings.

ldr

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2016
Sarcoxie, MO
That's what everyone tells me. I guess I should try it myself first. They're just so damn expensive I'd hate to screw them up.

Just take your time, and use a good work surface. Are you using new foam? If so they will be a little harder to get on, but you can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor