3.8 spark plug gap

Status
Not open for further replies.

a.graham52

Greasemonkey
Oct 19, 2017
iv searched and searched and found everything from .40 to .80 gap. the sticker on my 85 cutlass does not mention gap. currently plugs are gapped at .55 because I thought .60 was excessive. I have a pesky stumble at light throttle and I want to make sure my foundation is correct.

a.graham52

Greasemonkey
Oct 19, 2017
due to the car running horrible a while I go, I have changed out plugs several times. now that the carb is getting sorted I havnt need to switch them out. if I recall, the plugs original gap was either .40 or .45. what came out was so work that it wouldn't have mattered

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I would leave them at 55 for now. If the gap is too much it would affect the idle, not light throttle. The accelerator pump may be the problem of the stumble.

a.graham52

Greasemonkey
Oct 19, 2017
i dont think its the pump, i can hold the throttle steady and drive for a quarter miles under the right conditions and it will act just like ignition system is breaking down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor