307 non computer controlled timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Just wondering why you would buy a 800 cfm stage 2 Quadrajet for a 307. What modifications have you done to the engine?

Reactions: 1 user

Jimmy

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2016
Gulfport, MS
X2 on manifold vacuum. You are completely wrong on the 307, Canadian cars were non CCC til 86. I owned one and worked on quite a few. I saw anywhere from 13 at 1100 to 22 at 1100 for timing specs. The one with 13 at 1100 honestly ran the shittiest. My car had 16 at 1100, 22 lost fuel economy, I think it ran best at 17 or 18. But remember it would have a 30 degree vacuum can, that is a ton of part throttle timing. The mechanical curves were no doubt different amongst them. The carbs were calibrated ridiculously lean, just freeing up the exhaust and removing the EGR made it stumble and backfire at part throttle. The only 307 have made ping was when I put very lean secondary rods in a Qjet, sounded like marbles were being thrown in when the secondaries opened.
Thanks for the info. I couldn’t find any information on a non computer controlled 307 which is why I posted the question. It’s not the first time I’ve been completely wrong and I’m sure won’t be the last time.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Thanks for the info. I couldn’t find any information on a non computer controlled 307 which is why I posted the question. It’s not the first time I’ve been completely wrong and I’m sure won’t be the last time.
We are all wrong sometimes, my wife does say I can put it on the calendar when I am right. It doesn't happen often but does every now and then. I almost forgot I had seen so many different timing specs on non CCC 307's. I wish I would have recorded the Jets, rods and hangers in those 307 carbs I rebuilt, info that just isn't out there. One thing that didn't exist was a non CCC 307 HO motor. The Cutlass line was all sbc powered up here except the Hurst/Olds, 442 and 88 Cutlass Supreme Classic. They were all CCC 307 powered and were American cars with minor changes like Metric speedometer's. The non CCC 307's were in Delta 88/98, Buick LeSabre and maybe chebby Caprice's.

Jimmy

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2016
Gulfport, MS
We are all wrong sometimes, my wife does say I can put it on the calendar when I am right. It doesn't happen often but does every now and then. I almost forgot I had seen so many different timing specs on non CCC 307's. I wish I would have recorded the Jets, rods and hangers in those 307 carbs I rebuilt, info that just isn't out there. One thing that didn't exist was a non CCC 307 HO motor. The Cutlass line was all sbc powered up here except the Hurst/Olds, 442 and 88 Cutlass Supreme Classic. They were all CCC 307 powered and were American cars with minor changes like Metric speedometer's. The non CCC 307's were in Delta 88/98, Buick LeSabre and maybe chebby Caprice's.
Sounds like your wife and mine use the same book lol.
Well I appreciate the information I did research and couldn't find any information as I stated and have some good things to try now. These are all pretty simple so it should be fairly easy and since I actually drive the car about every day I just want it to run right. Once again thanks for the help I will update hopefully this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor