383 ez-efi and overdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
Well hello there nice BIG KITTY! now now now g g go fffffind yerself a nice tasty deer or bbbbbaby elk to ch ch ch chaw on... nice kittyyyyy...
IMG_20161227_142124.jpg

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
Critters won't usually bother the bipeds that much. I heard that one walk by, the neighbor gal dropped by to tell me about it... after she "knew" it was gone lol

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
Don't be afraid to trim a bracket a little bit here 'n there to mount a chevy pump bracket to a large canister Buick Hydroboost ps pump. It works! i kept one to go along with the "new" pump i grabbed at lordco for this swap, since it was for a C30 GMC motorhome. wuddya know, identical pumps, save for a little bend in one of the return lines. lost that receipt, so my bro will get that one when i get his 383 monte carlo going.

Last edited:

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
Because a fella can misplace some of his swap parts, it's imperative that you keep your v8 shrouds intact and complete or you end up fabbing your own from the monte carlo 229 ci shroud, and melting pieces from other shrouds in order to get a factory cooling system to perform well... ther is a relay control for electric fans with the efi kit, but sheesh! The car is still a dry-fit grassroots build, and it can get fancier before the paint work comes... if it does at all. I doenjoy the fact that I don't hafta talk to everyone everywhere I go... but I di have a few mustang guys comment on the nice sound of the dynomax vt's... they sound truckish at idle, but very high dollar once the throttle plates get opened hehehe
IMG_20170101_203656.jpg
IMG_20170101_203555.jpg
IMG_20170101_203627.jpg

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
View attachment 60121 View attachment 60122 View attachment 60121 View attachment 60122 There aren't many flat spots to mount squar boxes anywhere under these hoods. So... out come the rubbe mallet, the diamond plate aluminum splash guards that never made it to the truck yet, a little cutting, bending, massaging an drilling and presto! A custom pad for the MSD ignitor box. A little while later, another for the ecm above the fender behind the hydroboost. View attachment 60121 View attachment 60122

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
now... please keep in mind that where this build is taking place..may as well be called "boonies". and the local parts dealer and assistant are great people,(i volunteered at the local fire department with these guys) they are fantastic at having next day parts brought in for me... just so long as they don't hafta start looking things up for aftermarket camshafts, hardware for efi systems... custom fuel pumps... fancy shmancy high pressure fuel line hose clamps blah blah blah... but their prices are hard to beat when it comes to fan belts, brakes and many factory issue parts of any kind, lubes(dexron 6)... but buick pistons, custom crossmembers, aluminum heads, roller rockers and other weird stuff i try not to bother them with, those kinds of things require a 90 mile one way trip to the hot rod shop with the best "good guy" pricing around. may as well call it a waste of a good day if it weren't to include a grocery run. fittings and such for extra instrumentation has always been had at the local hardware store. i'm not the only one on this rock into g-bodies, and as i have some goodies in my collection, the fan shroud wasn't in the cards since i think my last one ended up in the rockies with my old monte. the closest scrapyard's owner has a real swell monte carlo as well, and he keeps his g-body stuff under lock and key. we've horse traded a time or two for certain things, but i'd rather sneak up on him for a smiley wave followed by a juicy burnout when he least expects it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor