3xbrowncutty's Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think the paint scheme worked out great, it gives the motor really good contrast. I cant wait to tear up the streets with my 403.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Thanks everyone!

Tell me about it blake lol. currently working on getting the rabbit ready for paint, and then i'm done with it. i have to sell one of my 3 cars. And it wont be the olds and it wont be my new daily, so the vw has to go. i just want to get as much as i can out of it to help pay for the new car.

By the way, this is the new daily. i was forced to get something reliable, because the rabbit just wasnt cutting it :roll: part of living with the parents i guess. Its an '05 saab 9-2x, 2.0T 5 speed AWD. IT is essentially a WRX wagon with a saab front end and emblems. AKA "Saabaru" and i'm scared that it might be quicker than the olds :oops:
IMG_1475.jpg

Have to find a place for the olds this winter yet. Still want to make a few more tweaks on the motor before i put it away though.

Also finally bought myself a nice frame for it. Not sure when the swap is happening yet. would be nice to find a place to do it this winter actually.

Blue86Monte

Master Mechanic
Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis, Mo
Any updates on this? GET TO WORK!!!

CutlassJ

Greasemonkey
Oct 30, 2008
Northwest Suburbs IL
Car looks like it comeing along nice. Try just putting the 15s on just the back it will give the car a nice stance. My looks really tuff I would post some pics but I dont have any that would show the wheels. It been put away for the winter.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Blue86Monte said:
Any updates on this? GET TO WORK!!!

Ventured back here finally, i have been very busy lately, unfortunately.

Cutlass is still away for the winter. As soon as its out, i'll be sorting ignition and carb problems. The new motor never really ran right, just runs rough... So thats the plan as soon as its home. Still not sure when i'm swapping frames. 8) I really want some wide wheels and tires for the back of the car for this year, but dont want to cough up the cash for the wheel vintiques chrome rallies...

BUT for the reason i've been busy... i'm balls deep in rebuilding a subaru motor!! :wtf: Spun a rod bearing in the Saabaru. what a pain in the *ss. I ended up painting my vw, and selling that to fund the motor. i was super stoked since i got 4k for it though :wink: that paint did the trick. So i bought a new shortblock from subaru, had the heads redone, and of course doing a STI turbo, big injectors/fuel pump, 3" exhaust, everything brand new, the whole 9 yards. But thats where i'm at. Man its a world of difference working on these cars. I kind of had to dive in to the saabaru. Dont really know what i'm doing, but i have the tools and resources, and everything is working out just fine. Its just the stupid little problems that are holding me up. Heres some pics just because.

101_1257_zps0157a2a5.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
UPDATE: Back from storage!! Puked some transmission fluid for some reason when i started it up. Also, alternator took a crap. voltage was reading 18 lol. must have started freezing since i had a belt squealing bad right before i got to my driveway. optima battery overheated, but its still good after i got my spare alternator on it. Other than that it was a smooth trip home.

Getting my sh*t together and getting everything tuned up. Buddy was rebuilding his chebby motor and we threw his 4150 holley 750 on mine. woke it right up! was way too much for my motor, but i have a loaned demon 650 on it now. not sure if i will buy it, or get a holley 4150 600 cfm....

Still trying to figure out a slight miss. might end up getting a nice new distributor for it..

New moog ujoints on, replaced the shitty duralast ones.

Got a list of little stuff to tackle, but its getting daily treatment until i get my POS saab fixed...

Blue86Monte

Master Mechanic
Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis, Mo
Car is looking great, keep up with work. This build gives me motivation to work on my junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor