4.1 v6 to buick 350 build (about time) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so I know buick small blocks dont have a lot of umph. I want to build this one to have some balls? Is there any buick nuts on here that can point me in the right direction? What kind of head work do I need? Pistons? cam? or should I just drive as is till it blows lol

v2vera said:
OK so I know buick small blocks dont have a lot of umph. I want to build this one to have some balls? Is there any buick nuts on here that can point me in the right direction? What kind of head work do I need? Pistons? cam? or should I just drive as is till it blows lol

First of all, the 350 looks like a great find! The thing to remember is Buicks are torque monsters! Which is a great thing on the street. Build for torque and let horsepower fall where it may. The place to look for Buick parts is TA Performance. A good thing about the 350, accessories, timing cover, motor mounts are all the same as a 3.8 V6. :mrgreen: If you're not going to rebuild the bottom end, get better heads to raise the CR a bit. If your going to rebuild, TA has higher CR pistons. Older heads are of course better and don't worry about hardened valve seats. Buicks are high nickle castings. Basically, the whole head is hardened. Good Luck!

RegalBegal said:
The thing to remember is Buicks are torque monsters! Which is a great thing on the street. Build for torque and let horsepower fall where it may.

x2! Let's not forget these Buick 350's used to lug around '76 LeSabres that weighed 4100+lbs. Even a stock low CR 350 will be a giant leap ahead of the wheezer V6.

If the 4.1 is running keep running it while you build the 350. There are a couple of Buick dedicated builders/vendors that should be able to help you with ideal parts and build. http://www.v8buick.com They have a section dedicated to the SBB.
Here is a helpful link where they built a pump gas Buick 350 which later was tuned to 365HP & about 390 foot pounds.
http://www.automachperf.com/350

Not going to beat what the aftermarket has done for the sbc but potent, light, durable, and different. Its torque band does generally kick in at a lower rpm than a sbc which makes for a more fun durable driver. On the other hand its not for crap for building a 7,000+ rpm race motor like you can build out of the sbc platform.

Cant wait to get that bad boy on the stand and detailed out! Gonna look right at home in that clean @$$ regal

dogshit said:
If the 4.1 is running keep running it while you build the 350. There are a couple of Buick dedicated builders/vendors that should be able to help you with ideal parts and build. http://www.v8buick.com They have a section dedicated to the SBB.
Here is a helpful link where they built a pump gas Buick 350 which later was tuned to 365HP & about 390 foot pounds. Not going to beat what the aftermarket has done for the sbc but potent, light, durable, and different. Its torque band does generally kick in at a lower rpm than a sbc which makes for a more fun durable driver. On the other hand its not for crap for building a 7,000+ rpm race motor like you can build out of the sbc platform.

oh the 4.1 is running smooth just want to start building a this 350 so when its time for a rebuild id rather drop in a bigger enginge than spend the money on a reubuild 6 banger. Gonna try to find some old school pre smog heads wich I hear will be a good upgrade.

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Sweeeet!!! I know you cant wait to get started into it. Aw yeah! 80z get together and video shoot! Im comin down next friday to drop the 350 off. Hope to see you bruh..

Ekco Warren :mrgreen:

Ive already set dawgy. Il be there and good and ready to put in some work 🙂 My apologies for last time.

v2vera said:
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Sweeeet!!! I know you cant wait to get started into it. Aw yeah! 80z get together and video shoot! Im comin down next friday to drop the 350 off. Hope to see you bruh..

Ekco Warren :mrgreen:

Ive already set dawgy. Il be there and good and ready to put in some work 🙂 My apologies for last time.
LMFAO he sorry ECKO WARREN.... :rofl: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor