4.3 Vortec swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
clean8485 said:
Dream On, GM has been having issues with the newer 3.6 engines with timing chains, so they're not quite as reliable as you might think.
Miller, in the end, its your decision on what you decide to do with your Regal. If you're concerned about fuel economy and decide to do the 4.3 swap, I'd be interested to see how it turns out. Since the car was originally built with a 3.8, and the 355 was swapped in, the car will only be worth whatever a potential buyer is willing to pay for it.
All I can say is good luck with whatever course of action you decide to take.

That is really one of the only big problems they are having. Timing Chain stretch. Also the oil change intervals were being set way too long, so sludge was bulding up. My dad told me stories of taking valve covers and trying not to disturb any of the sludge so it wouldnt fall into the crank case. Other than those two issuse which I think will be fixed soon, I think GM has the next 3800 in their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor