$4 gas & your g-body

Status
Not open for further replies.

R/T kota

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2007
Hamilton Ontario
Well I haven't put it on the scale yet, but the last bu I had was a 305 with AC and it was 3100 lbs. So I do expect it to be lighter. I am adding a cage and a few other things so it mite balance out but figure right around 3000 lbs.
Will have stock steel wheels and dog dish caps and the cage will be tucked in tight to the roof and pillars so it wont be too noticeable. Not really for the sleeper effect but more for thats the way I like them and it keeps the cops off my back.
Cage and fat and skinny tires spell race car to the cops. Although I may get a set of welds for the track only.
The goal is a high 10 second street driven car. Basically for the engine, I will be copying what my friends GN has in it now. He gets great millage considering the car runs high 10s.
Not really shooting for faster than that, but if it runs the number, then great.
I just got my spot in the shop this week, so the project is just starting. Not rushing it as I have no real plans of getting it out this year. Maybe trailer it to the track for some shake down passes in the fall but we'll see how it goes together.
There is a pic of the bu and the donor car on my site here http://canadianstreetcar.com/index.php/topic,33.0.html
Don't let the surface rust fool you. This car is solid.
Pics will be added on that site as the build progresses.

kyhunter89

Greasemonkey
Jul 27, 2007
KY
dont see donor car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor