Sep 6, 2010
Some updates:

Bottom end just about complete here:

shortblock041clean_mini.jpg

Putting on the upgraded Pacalloy (720# open) springs:

new421_changingvalvesprings_mini.jpg

Manifold gaskets glued in place and trimmed to fit each port:

almost_sealed_up_25_mini.jpg

Had the modified valvecovers (and timing cover - see the next picture) anodized a dark grey, and 2 sets of caps for the oil holes anodized black. Lots of prep work yielded a primo finish on both:

valve_cover_plated_mini.jpg

Almost buttoned up here - still working on the intake manifold:

almost_sealed_up_15_mini.jpg

I had the manifold clear anodized then Teflon sealed for very good anti-corrosion properties, but castings (I was warned on this) come out of andozing looking flat and crappy. In my case it looked on the outside like I left the manifold outside for about 5 years. So I masked off the inside (which came out fine), beadblasted the exterior again and am going to clear (low gloss) powdercoat the manifold top and edges.

Lots of new build pictures at my site: http://home.mindspring.com/~jim_fisk/thegreyghost/

Jim

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
I really hope you have a good cage in that thing man... It must absolutely fly as it is I can't imagine how fast it's going to be when it's done. :shock:

lildudefl

Master Mechanic
Aug 25, 2011
Las Vegas (Cali at Heart)
I can definitly see a few people thinks that car isn't as fast as it is even with the look it has. Never been i four door guy, but i would take that thing any day :twisted:

DeltaT

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2010
Some new parts - decided to run the Holley Dominator EFI:

new_parts_012_mini.jpg

Shown with about 1/3 of the wiring harness I need to make up, a custom 9.2" 10-rib pulley I had ASP make, a new AC delete panel to mount the Dominator and supporting bits, and some of the Holley distributorless ignition system.

I am learning to TIG weld so I can fab up as hidden a cage as possible.

Jim

jmt455

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
SE Michigan
Jim, Beautiful workmanship...no wait: CRAFTSMANSHIP!
Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor