4DR Sleeper G-Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Holly crap!!! i went through the hole thread and in shock!!!! super clean job!!! keep the pics coming..

jbracing

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2010
DeltaT said:
And now some shots of the new motor I'm building. It's a 421" SBC built on a Dart Little M block.

The block after I painted it:
421_build_primedaluminumcleardone_mini.jpg

To handle the power, I ordered it with the billet steel maincaps:
new_421_dartlittlem_steelmains2_mini.jpg

The 4340 crank is forged in the U.S. (Kentucky) for finishing at Howards Cams. I like my stuff bulletproof, so I got the big block snout for extra beefiness to handle the blower drive:
421_build_howardscam4340crank_mini.jpg

So far, all the measurements on the block, crank and timing gear have been well within spec:
421_build_checkingcrankrunout2_mini.jpg

Howards Cams forged billet rods with L19 capscrews:
new_421_howardscrank_forgedbilletrod_mini.jpg

I had JE make me some custom blower pistons to get the compression ratio I want (9.2:1). They are ceramic coated on top and have the TuffSkirt coating on the barrels:
new_421_customje_blowerpiston_mini.jpg

To handle the airflow, I went with the new AFR 235cc Eliminators. JE had the chamber pattern for these heads and cut the piston dishes to be an exact match:
afr_235cc_exhaustside_mini.jpg

Shot of the intake port CNC work:
afr_235cc_intake_mini.jpg

Fully ported Motown single plane that I modifed for EFI. Also cut up a nitrous plate and turned it into a spraybar and embedded it into the manifold. Since I want to keep the stock, flat hood I couldn't afford the stack height of the plate:
new_421_modified_motownsingleplane_wembeddednos_bigshot_mini.jpg

Closeup of the porting and spraybar. The spraybar here is only laying there - it needs to be epoxied in place then I'll do a light skim cut across the top of the manifold to make it flush:
new_421_embedded_nos_bigshotplate_mini.jpg

And finally the new blower. I'm replacing the current Vortech V-2 T-trim with this V-7 YSi:
new_421_vortechysi_in_bag_mini.jpg

I'll be running a Comp solid roller on this motor as well. I picked different intake and exhaust lobes from their catalog. With the 1.7 intake ratio on the T&D shaft rockers, and a 1.8 exhasut ratio, the specs are: 250/[email protected]", net lift .697"Int/.702"Exh, 115LSA. Springs are 700# Pacalloy. After accounting for lash and the rocker ratios, this cam should act like a 244/[email protected]" hydraulic roller but rev safely to 7200rpm.

I'll be running 18-20# of boost with E85. My conservative expectation is 900rwhp without nitrous.

More to come. I'm off to work on fitting the oil pump shaft.

Jim

i wish there was a drooling smilie lol

DeltaT

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2010
Thanks for all the feedback and notes.

I've been taking classes and learning new equipment and one of the things this shop has is three EPILOG Laser Cutter/Etchers.

I used Corel Draw to create some logos for my oil filler caps. I planned on doing something like this so I got four caps and had them all black anodized after milling them flat.

Here's the accurate logo (it is a 421 with a Vortech V-7 YSi blower) on one set of caps:

oil_cap_etching_421_overview_mini.jpg

And here's one of the second set for Saturday night fun and confusion 8) (it is NOT a 305 with a little S-trim but the emblems on the car now say 305):

oil_cap_etching_305_mini.jpg

Next I'm doing some graphics for the valvecovers.

I'm also starting on some wiring and disassembly.

Jim

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
haha love the 305 caps.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
fantastic build. Props to you sir.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
Thats one nasty combo there. I will up your hp guess with say 18psi somewhere in the 920 hp range. 20psi around 950hp. Either way alot. Good luck and good choice of heads. My afr have the same shelf in the bowls just like the old nascar head design. Gotta love the cnc porting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor