500 Caddy/Monte Clip into El Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 500 Caddy into El Camino

The 500 is basically a stock rebuild, 8.5:1 compression street friendly setup. It's got a little more cam and better valve springs.

Based on dyno results of similar combinations HP should be around 300-325, Torque on these is really what it’s all about, that should be in the 525 foot pound neighborhood coming in between 2100 and 2500 RPM.

Nice thing is with it currently being stock, there is a LOT of room left to play.

comin out good.. were in az are u located i wud love to come by one weekend and check out ur montecamino

I'm down south in the Sierra Vista area. BY the way you've done some nice work on your Malibu.

Mike P said:
I'm down south in the Sierra Vista area. BY the way you've done some nice work on your Malibu.
thanks.. well i plan on doin some tucson runs so ill see whats up

shifthandles.jpg

id say goto the local pick and pull and get a 90's or early 00's eldo floor shifter. it leather covered and has the buttons under the "T". its comfy too! lol thats what i got for my elky. i like it. and keep up the good work! 😀

I'm pushing 350+ ft/lbs of torque, just can't imagine well over 500 ft/lbs. i think your numbers are conservative too 😀 .

heres a pic of my shifter knob:
l_395387b8eb244709b317dfd749761c40.jpg

I’ve been working on getting interior trim detailed and painted, I’m pretty happy the way things are turning out.

dashcluster.jpg

And my wheels also came in (15X7 and 15X6)

wheels.jpg

But the biggest thing is the body is now back in my shop. The body lines now match and 27 years of dings are gone. Guess it’s going to start to get busy around here.

831.jpg

832.jpg

HOLY COW! Is that an original dash mounted delay wiper switch??? RARE!

Reactions: tc1959
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor