700r4 leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

creepin cutty

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2006
installed everything on friday and now the car shifts like a dream...

and!!! no leak...it wasnt that hard to install, only problem i ran into was forgetting to remove a gasket with a metal ring inside the whole...

:twisted: now its time for nitrous to be installed 8)

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
700r4

i'am glad everything went well for you,don't you love it when a plan comes together :D are you planning to run yours? my new m/t 275-60-15 et drag radials are on the way :twisted:

creepin cutty

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2006
my baby

157_2067.jpg

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
The biggest problem I see is that the Holley will not have the correct geometry for the TV cable. The distance relationship between the throttle shaft and the hole on the bellcrank is too short, thus causing it to have an incorrect motion ratio. This is a common problem when using a universal carburetor on a TV cable equipped car. There is an adapter bracket on the market to correct this, but I do not remember where to get it from.

creepin cutty

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2006
HOLLEY MAKES ONE...and its the one i got...i didnt use it becuase it seems to shift fine the way i hooked it up....

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
The way it shifts and wether or not it has the correct line pressure is two totally different things. The only way to be absolutely sure its right is with a pressure gauge. I think bowtie overdrives shows how to do it on their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor