78 cutlass W-31 build

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Just a little bit more done tonight not much but sometimes a little is better than nothing. I'm tired from a lack of sleep last night so I almost went home at 5:00 but instead I went ahead and installed the intake manifold. I keep the motor pushed back to the wall and covered during the day and sense I already had it out I went ahead and installed the valve covers. It's not much but now everything blue is installed.
23160.jpeg

I figured that way tomorrow night I can clean up the outside of it and fix some of the paint. I want to try and make it look a little better. It's not intended to be a "show car" but I do want it to be kinda nice kinda like a day 2 car more like a mid to late 80s era hot rod. Something that can be driven without sweating it getting dirty.

Reactions: 9 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Tonight was just some quick cleaning and taping. Tech tip PPS cup caps with one rap of masking tape work good in spark plug holes.
23178.jpeg
23179.jpeg
23180.jpeg

Someone said that it looked like Pontiac blue so I reshot the hole thing and sent him a picture at least mines not bronze with a pink carburetor 😂 and I told him that. Tomorrow night I start cleaning and bolting on accessories. It may not make it in the car this weekend because I forgot about mother's day. It will be ready to go in tho.

Reactions: 8 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
More cleaning parts and installing them tonight. It's amazing how filthy everything has gotten from just years of sitting and trying to make it run and drive correctly. A quick once over and the parts are all looking a lot better tho.
23223.jpeg
23224.jpeg
23225.jpeg

Tomorrow night I'll see if I can finish getting it ready to go in. I don't think there's really much left to do. Actually I can't think at all I'm tired.

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
More cleaning parts and installing them tonight. It's amazing how filthy everything has gotten from just years of sitting and trying to make it run and drive correctly. A quick once over and the parts are all looking a lot better tho. View attachment 197886 View attachment 197887 View attachment 197888
Tomorrow night I'll see if I can finish getting it ready to go in. I don't think there's really much left to do. Actually I can't think at all I'm tired.
I hope it runs as good as it looks Eric. It seems like you're due a break.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Raining and Cold like winter came back here. I didn't have anyone to help me push it around the building and inside so I took the night off. If the guys from globex performance are there tomorrow I'll ask them for help getting it in. If there not there I'll just do whatever I can do to get something done.

Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I'm having motivation issues this morning. Outside is light rain and heavy wind the kind that chills to the bone and reminds me of everything I ever injured when I was young and dumber than I am now. I still have to go to the shop and make a difference but I don't know what I'm going to get done. It's almost 9:00 and if I'm going to do anything I need to get started. I may just clean out the shop truck and load up everything I'm not using. This way I can take it all to my building for use on the 87 cutlass. Sometimes making room in the shop is progress to.

Reactions: 5 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
sometimes taking a deep breath and keeping a steady pace wins instead of pushing thru like a bull and making it work is the better course of action. Good luck with whatever path you choose. Will today be based on a path of violent perseverance or patience ? :) Or as my co-workers ask.... today are we dealing with George or JoJo ? We prefer Jojo as he is the nicer patient one .....

Last edited:

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Today I started by cleaning up the mess organizing the and packing up the leftover parts in the shop truck
23300.jpeg

Then I brought in the rest of the parts that will be bolted on the motor before it goes in. Mostly cleaned bolts on the wire wheel. I have a big coffee can labeled oldsmobolts that's just Oldsmobile engine bolts. It's my go to for all 3 cars and there was some incorrect hardware in my bracketry on this engine so I dug through it and cleaned up what I needed.
23308.jpeg

I have to go meet Eric at the building now and unload the shop truck then I'm calling it a day. Most of today's path was based on the fact nobody is going to line up to help push a car around a building and threw a parking lot in the rain. I can't say I blame them I don't want to do it either. LoL I can't wait to have this up and running this is one sad shop truck I'm driving.
23309.jpeg
23310.jpeg
not a straight panel and a 2 year old inspection sticker. It's only clean because it rained.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor