78 cutlass W-31 build

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
My bad, I forgot you had the dual snorkel alreadyđź‘Ť. That sounds great so far. It may like a lot of timing, iron head Olds usually do. Take a pic of the timing tab.

Reactions: 1 user

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
I'm glad it's working out for you so far! You deserve a break with it. Here's to hoping the rest goes as smooth!

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I couldn't agree more guys. This has been a long time coming! After the swamp meet at Atco today I'll button it up and maybe take it for a ride

Reactions: 7 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Really glad to hear you finally caught a break Eric. You deserve it.

Reactions: 5 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
After a long day of race car stuff I went back to the shop tonight and ran it threw another heat cycle. No real issues. It will need a bit of tuning to be right however I'm moving on to other things like dropping the tank to fix the fuel gauge and fuel leak on top of it before more tuning. It leaks when I shut it off so I'm guessing it's probably pulling air when it's running. After that it's back on the brake system because the pedal just ain't good. I forgot to get a picture of the timing tab but I know it's wrong because it's for a 455 balancer. And I don't have the right one. The motor seems to run good it's solid but I've got a bit of a stumble. I think it's a wire breaking down but I don't want to say for sure until I fix the fuel problem. One good thing is it looks like the tank straps will unbolt no problem. Before I took it off the stands tonight I sprayed them with pb just to let them soak. Tomorrow when the help comes in I'll put the hood on and put it out. I think I'll put it on the old Datta Liner outside so I can do the tank there and for Anti-Theft I'll pull the ramps and bring them inside.

Reactions: 9 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I finally got a chance to order the fuel pump sending unit for the car today. Actually I didn't get a chance to I had the girl I share my office with do it for me when she had some down time because I've been busy and every time I tried something else came up and I forgot. Hopefully it comes before the weekend but if it doesn't I'll just work on something else like maybe the 87 I don't know. Another problem is I can't seem to find fuel line locally. Parts store are sold out and don't have an ETA. I think Eric has a new roll at the building so I'll look this weekend.

Reactions: 2 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I finally got a chance to order the fuel pump sending unit for the car today. Actually I didn't get a chance to I had the girl I share my office with do it for me when she had some down time because I've been busy and every time I tried something else came up and I forgot. Hopefully it comes before the weekend but if it doesn't I'll just work on something else like maybe the 87 I don't know. Another problem is I can't seem to find fuel line locally. Parts store are sold out and don't have an ETA. I think Eric has a new roll at the building so I'll look this weekend.
Spend the money once & get some Teflon lined stuff. It works better w/the current Ethanal fuel percentages & would be better from a safety perspective,

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Spend the money once & get some Teflon lined stuff. It works better w/the current Ethanal fuel percentages & would be better from a safety perspective,
I already ordered the sending unit but that's definitely a good idea for the lines.

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I already ordered the sending unit but that's definitely a good idea for the lines.
Done and if you didn't mention it I probably wouldn't have thought of it. Ordered 3/8 Id e85 fuel line it really wasn't much more than just rubber and said good for ethanol and methanol

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor