79 Malibu 5.3 swap has officially BEGUN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
GBodyscuffle said:
Soundin good so far man. Im pickin up a 5.3 this sunday for my 87 cutlass, maybe build it this winter an have it ready for next drag season ;)

Cool man id like to see it sometime :)

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
85GPLef41 said:
nice! did you pull the oil pan to inspect the crank? but for 460$ you can make it work.. :D

Finally got around to takin the pan off this weekend out of boredom and it looks really nice im impressed. No sludge that i could see and even got to peek at the cylinder walls with a flashlight while i was under there. No up and down scratches that i can see and looks really pretty under there

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Got my 1" adapter mounts in the mail yesterday. They went on with no hiccups. The only thing that bugs me for a guy still new to the ls swap is i noticed that the adapter plates i bought look like they raise up the motor alittle. You guys dont think these will cause clearance issues with the truck accessory drive do you cuz im afraid of the alternator hitting my hood
IMG_20140923_171353.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Got my intake today. Discount on black friday this thing looks awesome!
IMG_20141205_170205.jpg

Last edited:

bigmandengo

Apprentice
Oct 16, 2010
jacobdavis1979 said:
Got my 1" adapter mounts in the mail yesterday. They went on with no hiccups. The only thing that bugs me for a guy still new to the ls swap is i noticed that the adapter plates i bought look like they raise up the motor alittle. You guys dont think these will cause clearance issues with the truck accessory drive do you cuz im afraid of the alternator hitting my hood

I've used the carshop plates in a cutlass swap and the truck high mount alternator cleared just fine. Im not sure if the Malibu has less height though?

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Nice intake! you shouldn't have any issues with the alt hitting the hood, My Speedway motors f body alt relocation bracket relocates the alt pretty high and I have a plenty clearance.... I have a truck accessories as well on my soon to be lq4 swap but I need to keep it looking like a ls1... :roll:

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Intake installed. Man this looks so cool i cant wait till its in the car! No im not using that carb i just wanted to see what it looked like with a carb on it lol
5.3 Holley Intake.jpg
Carb 5.3.jpg
Carbed 5.3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
bigmandengo said:
jacobdavis1979 said:

I've used the carshop plates in a cutlass swap and the truck high mount alternator cleared just fine. Im not sure if the Malibu has less height though?

Well lets hope i have the same luck. Im not against switching accessory drives i would just like to use what i already have

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
85GPLef41 said:
Nice intake! you shouldn't have any issues with the alt hitting the hood, My Speedway motors f body alt relocation bracket relocates the alt pretty high and I have a plenty clearance.... I have a truck accessories as well on my soon to be lq4 swap but I need to keep it looking like a ls1... :roll:

I wouldnt worry man i bet it will still look pretty sweet when your done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor