8.8 swaps - who's done them

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
If I get axles I guess I can use old ones as test mules to make sure I don't fuq up.
I'm using explorer brakes, so the original bolt pattern was 5x4.5. I made the original holes larger to accommodate 5x4.75. The holes aren't pretty, but they work just fine and are out of sight unless a wheel is removed.

Pro86tourn

Apprentice
Apr 26, 2020
Im getting ready to do mine also.. my fox body rear has been sitting in my garage for 2 years just looking @ me ... lol

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Im getting ready to do mine also.. my fox body rear has been sitting in my garage for 2 years just looking @ me ... lol

Did you decide yet what you are using for control arms?

Pro86tourn

Apprentice
Apr 26, 2020
Did you decide yet what you are using for control arms?
Trick chassis upper, with my UMI lowers but with spacers. (dont know if my UMI uppers will collapse enough to fix the on center issue)

Also using trick chassis coil relocation hoping it will work with my ridetech coil overs.

Im trying to decide what the best option is for axels & posi unit.

PS ... not sure how my 7.5posi has been holding up but its been taking a beating behind my 416 stroker, havent tracked it but 2nd season behind a manual gear box and 7k+ shifts lol. taking it like a champ!

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
A 7,5 peg leg with a skinny tire will take some abuse. But if it's a posi and has a tire that will get traction, then you're on borrowed time.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Pro86tourn

Apprentice
Apr 26, 2020
A 7,5 peg leg with a skinny tire will take some abuse. But if it's a posi and has a tire that will get traction, then you're on borrowed time.
Oh I’m on borrowed time for sure! but the posi is still tight and not making any noise..

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Purchased the trick chassis 8.8 swap kit. Waiting for shipping notification. Will report back when it shows up.

Reactions: 2 users

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Hope to see how it goes.
I plan to also go 8.8. My buddy is giving me stock 31spline center. I want to get axles and Gm flange 9” ends. I won’t need to be picky and whether it’s from a fox or new edge. Since I wanna do the 9” ends. I think for my goals it’ll be plenty

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor