80 Cutty Tampa area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Molella

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 19, 2016
Hey guys!

New to the forum not to the g body.

My first car was a 80 cutty, had it for 14 years and after being without it for about 9 I found another.

All original car except paint, steering gearbox and some front suspension components.

Yes 260 v8, 200 trans, open rear end.

Power windows, locks, AC, cruise.

I'll be doing a full drive train swap, as well as some suspension upgrades.

Any good hangouts in the Tampa area?

Let me know what you think, the car is 100% rust free, 105k original miles.

In the week I've owned it I had the R12 swapped for R134A and the AC blows cold.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 258
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 232
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 202
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 222
Reactions: 2 users

Clarmo

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
Looks like a really nice car Marc.
It's funny how we are drawn to our "first" car. Mine was a 1980 Malibu Taxi with the 3spd manual trans. I just bought one with 20,000miles in March. It's been 27 years since I've owned that car and I feel 16 again when I drive it now.
Enjoy!!!
Jamie

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Marc.
That's a sweet find. Someone obviously loved and babied it all these years.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Welcome aboard Marc. I understand the 1st car attachment as I still own my 87 cutlass that I've had since 2001! Lots of great people, knowledge and info on here for sure. Looks like a great ride you got there!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
That's a sharp looking car! Welcome to the site from Houston.

Reactions: 1 users

Gozer442

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Welcome aboard, and nice find! Whatever you do, NEVER change that color! Gorgeous!

Marc Molella

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 19, 2016
Hey guys! Thanks for the warm welcome! Looking forward to sharing pictures as I go through the car. It was a great find, am happy with it, but I remember what my Cutty with the 350 Rocket, TH400 with 2600 stall, and 3:42 gears felt like, so she is slow lol, but just as I remember my first car being when I bought her.

I just had my MSD cap and rotor show up and 160 degree thermostat. Gonna get those in and maybe pull the Smog pump and cap the heads, but don't plan any motor upgrades until I swap in a 350. Just figure those things will clean up under the hood a bit.

The first thing I plan to do is the rear end, does anyone know a good place to buy a full rear end swap besides the Ford 9" swaps I have seen for like $2k?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Marc,
Look into the Ford 8.8 swap. There should be a few threads discussing what's entailed.
You'd have to make sure the rear is the right width for a G-body. I think the Mustang would be the one.
They're certainly more plentiful than the 8.5...and more reasonable.
I would've considered it myself if I didn't have a GN 8.5 in the car currently.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor