BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon build-up 56K beware! update 3/10/12

Thanks Kev, slow going but hopefully some good progress will get made this summer. I would love to have it all done by spring 2013.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York

I love this thread, your doing one hell of a job!!!!!! I can't wait til she's all done. Gonne be one sweet grocery getter that's for sure...... That's what makes this site so damn great... ALot of good guys and gals with alot of passion for our cars. Keep it up:)

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA

patch work is top notch!! Cant wait to buy a tig for myself 8)

Slicksand sure is good stuff, but man, i hate the smell of it lol.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

More progress...that's good to see, Jim.
I also had to fab up a passenger side dog leg. The first one I made started to rust thru. I welded it in with oxy-acetylene years back. It looked good for a long time. I cut it out and welded in a new piece...it's better.
Are you still going to rework the marker lights? I'm anxious to see what you do to them.
Keep up the good work.. :)

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Thanks guys. Jack, I am going to do something with them, I just haven't had my great idea yet, lol.

No real progress. I hit the local u-pull-it and found a 78 olds wagon, it donated rear door panels, a headliner, trim clips, and the header panel. Since my front end is a one off, I figured another header panel might help, lol. My headliner board was toast, I planned on making a fiberglass one, but now I have a good foam board, so i can save the mat and resin for the other custom glass interior parts.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Well, had the whole summer pass me right by. Absolutely no work done on the Buick. I was working 2 full time jobs all summer, Short Military TDY's, and fixing other peoples stuff.
:cry:
I have hopes to get out in to the garage over the fall/winter to finish the metal work on the RH quarter, then yank the body off the frame so I can finish bedlining the floor pans, and sandblast the frame and suspension. We will see how it all goes I suppose. :|

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Well, weather will be nice soon so i will get back on it in the coming weeks.

I have to order a new fuel pump since the NO MILEAGE walbro crapped out. I have to jump back on the front end. It is still a work in progress. So I will change it up some. I'll keep the thread updated.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

The more I search around the web, the more I am loving the 78/9 cutlass wagon front end. So, I have aquired a 79 Cutlass wagon header panel. Should have grabbed the fenders too, but for some reason I though the Buicks fenders were the same, NOT. :oops:

Then looking at the VFN thread, I saw the ram air hood and thought, I gotta have it. I have had a cowl hood on all my g-bodies, I needed the hood clearance and everyone has one now. So, since I have the turbo, I may as well get the ram air hood.

7880%20cutlass%20442.jpg

VFN also sells a fiberglass front bumper for the 78-80 regal. I looks close enough to the Olds, and I would be cutting it up to tuck it anyhow. Unless, I get what I already hacked up to work out.

7880regalfront.jpg

Then, Lauren Engineering has an Olds Wagon lower spoiler, like the Malibu. I haven't seen any good pictures of it yet though. Need to email them or something and see what I can dig up. I need something under there to direct air over the inter cooler. Again, I could get mine to work, but time is money with me nowadays

26900065_scaled_247x187.jpg

I know these parts aren't listed for the wagon, but, they ARE fiberglass and can be changed to fit.

EDIT: Lauren has a fiberglass rear bumper too. Would be easier to cut and tuck and pain body color.

20383697.jpg

In short, I have been funneling stuff to eBay to raise funds for these parts. I have to change the fuel pump, turn the car around and pull out the DS quarter glass and fix that quarter. The yank the body off the frame, pull the engine, and get the frame blasted. I will be boxing the frame rails at a minimum, I am undecided on a small notch, just to square off the wheelwell area. I have a 17x8 wheel with a 275/40 tire on there now with room to spare. Would love to go to a 295 or a 305, but i am not changing the tubs as I want the factory interior sides to fit in there. I small hammer massage maybe, lol.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor