BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Do we have a front window channel run DIY instruction?

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Thanks Jack, it's nice to put it together for once.

Mike, the front channels are perfect used ones, I mean perfect. The rear doors I made with bulk channel. In my haste, I didn't take any pictures of the assembly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Mike, the front channels are perfect used ones, I mean perfect. The rear doors I made with buck channel. In my haste, I didn't take any pictures of the assembly.

I will settle for written words.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, I'm also guilty about not documenting the procedure during assembly. Sometimes you get so caught up in trying to get it done, taking pics is an afterthought.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Tsk tsk tsk you guys...!!
:p

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Lol

It's a beautiful day here, but here is a little lightning.
bf29911a847548f8b131cb648c3a2f35.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Well, my glass guy is no more, but I have his urathane, gonna get these windows in.
381eeb1392c3c8aca2a67bd697349a6c.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Wife has me cleaning the pool, but, I am messing around in between. I cleaned the spokes of the black Turbo Buick steering wheel. I got the door seals in last night. I bought some from Steele rubber, but they are rebranded Metro seals. The soffseal are hard as crap. I used the best or the 2 sets of metro seals, since the original ones were all deformed and crap, and taped them down to get the doors to close.

They seem too tall on the rear doors by the quarter panel vent, i taped them flatter. We'll see how long they last like that.

Reactions: 2 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
My 3m window primer should be in this morning, I'm going to attempt to put the side glass in.

I also painted the rear spoiler, hatch glass frame, and PS a Piller trim. Not happy with the finish, so I'll be doing it again. I probably shouldn't have done it in the dark, damn those Yuengling's.[emoji15]
e7f4794f3fcbe8bc74e7ec48c3affe38.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Been there, done that Jim. Have a little liquid courage and start spraying in the dark thinking everything is fine, then seeing it needs to redone.
My new motor is in my shed, so i have to work with what I've got, with no lighting other than my flashlight. When i painted the block a couple weeks ago i was certain i had hit everything. Come back after flash time with a light seeing all kinds of missed spots! Talk about frantic spraying before recoat time has expired lol!

All in all buddy, you're making killer progress! Keep it up!

• Creative
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor