BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon build-up New Pics! Update 3/17/14

liquidh8 said:
I made a little progress on my rotisserie.

rynabury.jpg

we have some nice weather today in Pennsylvania, so I finished the other base, & I primed and painted everything.
yessir!!! very niCE 8) sorry i dont believe in "build threads" (i just do the B4 and AFTER pic)i didnt get a chance to get any pics of my k5,as i was pre-occupied with scoring a 79mc and a 67 firebird(both of which are in the stable :wink: )ill get some pics up in awhile after i upload them to the comp.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

I would love to see some pics of you stuff. Also, when I get the rotisserie build done, I want to make a thread for it. I'll measure everything after I am done since alot of this is on the fly as I measure a fit it to my 70 Monte (the biggers car I have) to make sure it will fit and spin. :D

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Ordered a few things a few days ago. The flash to pas switch and plug I saw in in FEX3CLONEs thread, thank you! Linky http://tech.oldsgmail.com/eint_flash.html.

My C5 rotors should be here today also. I ordered hood struts for the fiberglass hood.

I bought the Harbor Freight welding cabinet. It was on sale, and with a coupon, I got it for $98.00. Need that to since I bought the Eastwood MIG 135 on sale also (should be here today). I have a Lincoln, but I wanted to keep it flux core, and it only has 4 voltage settings. The Eastwood has infinitely variable temp and wire speed. My brother has it and I used it a good bit on his 71 Chevelle Convertible frame.

I'll add pics when I unbox everything when I get home.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

I received my C5 rotors and my Eastwood welder, along with some paints and a MIG consumables kit.

Here is one of the rotors, a performance rotor from Centric, with a black coating.

jazahetu.jpg

Here is one of the adapters I received from the ghoul. They are perfect. I also already have the shims for the hub he made for me too so I don't need to run the dust shields.

3esy2aqu.jpg

I am just holding the PAB since I don't have the bolts yet.

7esutyse.jpg

I ordered some grade 10.9 bolts from McMaster Carr to get it all together. Hope they will be here in a day or two. :D

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon build-up New Pics! Update 3/27/14

Got my hood struts, the caliper anti rattle clips, and my flash to pass high beam switch and connector. Now I need to buy the ball studs.
To be honest, the struts feel kinda hard to compress, at least just by themselves with no leverage.

ytu8avut.jpg

7u3u2uhy.jpg

9y5a8ypa.jpg

vejehary.jpg

tutyrebe.jpg

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Ordered and received my ml3000 ball studs.

udyjy7un.jpg

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

A few more pics.

5a7uqysa.jpg

ymaqe7yq.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

Jim,
You have a lot to keep you busy. :lol:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Yeah man. Its raining here, so the rotisserie is on hold. But I got all the c5 brakes dry fitted. Thank you to the ghoul for the shims and the adapters. They worked like a charm!

Now some pics...

se8unu4u.jpg

damy4aqe.jpg

atehada4.jpg

zasyda2y.jpg

6a8y8ugu.jpg

zegevu7e.jpg

ymaduqad.jpg

now I have to sandblast all the parts, and paint them with Eastwood chassis black with ceramic.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

It's nice to see that your brake setups came together nicely. Ghoul is the da man for getting your brackets machined, etc. :wink:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor