BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon build-up New Pics! Update 3/27/14

Sexy brakes!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Thanks guys! I got all the parts sand blasted (aluminum oxide actually) last night. Cleanud up the shop a bit so I can move around, :) I also blasted the hood hinges, the evaporator box heat shield, and the hydroboost brake pedal and bracket.

I bought the Epoxy paint and Ceramic Chassis Black from Eastwood in the rattle can. I hope I blasted enough parts to use it all up. Once the catalyst is punctured, the pot life is ~48 hours, says the can. I will buy it in quarts for the future parts, I just wanted to try the cans out. :D

Finally, Kevin (OD Showtime) is contributing to the build also, and hooking me up with some parts. Headlight bezels, grills, fender and bumper fillers. :D

Thank you so far to the Ghoul, Blake442, Longroof, OD Showtime, LAX rated, for parts and info. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

Jim,
Lauren Engineering sells them too. At least I remember seeing them there a while back.
Make sure the shape of the door ledge is the same as a Malibu/ El Camino, or else you may have to form your own set.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Longroof79 said:
Jim,
Lauren Engineering sells them too. At least I remember seeing them there a while back.
Make sure the shape of the door ledge is the same as a Malibu/ El Camino, or else you may have to form your own set.

Jack, the Olds/Buick door edge there is different than the Pontiac/Chevy. I may buy them just to have and modify. As it stands, I have Monte SS mirrors and gaskets and 3rd gen F-body power mirrors and gaskets. After I put the power deal in the Monte mirrors, I will make on of them damn gaskets fit, lol. :doh:

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012

oh man, I am so happy those worked out!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

the ghoul said:
oh man, I am so happy those worked out!

Yeah man, don't throw that CAD drawing away.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Placed an order from Speedway, should get here tomorrow or Saturday. I bought boxed rear control arms, without bushings so I can put MOOG rubber ones in there. I bought a adjustable proportioning valve/distribution block with bracket and short SS lines, and a few fittings for the steering box and pump so I can run teflon SS lines.

I also bought a spare timing cover for the engine (LC2), and a billet vacuum block without the vacuum booster port. Gotta get rid of the crappy factory plastic block that leaks.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon More Parts, More Pics! Update 4/3/14

Just a few pics of some blasted parts, and my vacuum block.

eje4ygup.jpg

equsyryn.jpg

ja7ada5y.jpg

I spilled beer on the parts sitting on the Vidmar drawer, the beer box (fridge) is on top of that Vidmar, so I will run them through the blaster real quick again. They weren't rusty, I did it just to get the paint off.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon More Parts, More Pics! Update 4/3/14

Shipment from Sweedway. Boxed control arms. I got them with no bushings so I can run rubber and roto joint.

era7uheg.jpg

I'll be blasting the black paint off and repainting them.

Then I got some fittings for the steering box and pump to run SS Teflon lines.

bepaduqa.jpg

And finally, the combination/proportioning valve kit.

ava4e8uv.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor