BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon Update 6/2/14 Frame notch and paint!

Thanks guys. I didn't get a whole lot done yesterday, kids and fun stuff happening and all. I should get more done today.

Jack, lets just say I have a little rice in me, lol. I like the red suspension parts. They should match the aftermarket things I buy in the future :D

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

Just teasing you, Jim... :lol: It'll look good when it's all assembled.

Hope you had a nice Father's Day.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Longroof79 said:
Just teasing you, Jim... :lol: It'll look good when it's all assembled.

Hope you had a nice Father's Day.

:D I know it! I do thank you, and to same to you and the others.

I did get a good bit of assembly done, the rear is in (old shocks though), and the left front suspension is together. I have to put the right front coil spring hidden adjuster in in, then the spring and shock.

The front springs are AFCO units, powdercoated yellow, i didn't change them. And the shocks are Bilstien (rears on the way). Hopefully I can get more done tonight, then start running lines.

y5aquveq.jpg

eganybuv.jpg

ba9enudu.jpg

eme2u8yz.jpg

duhuqe8a.jpg

ezanesyv.jpg

a7aze5y4.jpg

9y5eqe3u.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon Update 6/17/14 Chassis assembly!!!

Wow!! No slackin' around with you, Jim.
Looks great, man. You got a lot done. I'm sure the Yuenglings help... :lol: Good brand. We do get it down here in Flori-duh. :D

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: damnit!!! carful,ronald might sue you :rofl: just clownin,you sir are definetley on a mission!!! LOVE the progress!!!(and colors :wink: ) cant wait to see the end results!!!

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona

Looks Great Jim! Not even really work at this opint is it, just plain fun.

Hey, what brakes are you using in the rear?

Scott, ...

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009

Lookin good!

Let me know how you like those spring adjusters and springs. I plan on doing that myself. Also, did you source the parts from Speedway by chance?

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

mhsmonte said:
Frame and suspension looks great! And great beer choice... I wish they sold yuengling in Kentucky!

I love this beer. Thanks, too bad the body will be covering it up, lol

Longroof79 said:
Wow!! No slackin' around with you, Jim.
Looks great, man. You got a lot done. I'm sure the Yuenglings help... :lol: Good brand. We do get it down here in Flori-duh. :D

I am trying, I have to get the right front sorted out today, and get to running lines. I have been to Florida numerous times, at different bases, having my beer was the best. :D

L.A.X-RATED said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: damnit!!! carful,ronald might sue you :rofl: just clownin,you sir are definetley on a mission!!! LOVE the progress!!!(and colors :wink: ) cant wait to see the end results!!!

hahaha, I know right! Thanks!

ssbrewskyaz said:
Looks Great Jim! Not even really work at this opint is it, just plain fun.

Hey, what brakes are you using in the rear?

Scott, ...

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Scott, it is nice to put together clean stuff, that is for sure. As far as the rear brakes, they are 98-02 Camaro (LS1). 12" rotors.

drogg1 said:
Lookin good!

Let me know how you like those spring adjusters and springs. I plan on doing that myself. Also, did you source the parts from Speedway by chance?

I have been running those spring height adjusters on my brown Malibu Wagon. I like them. They take a bit of effort to work nicely on a daily driver, but it allows me to run a performance (AFCO, Hypercoil, etc.) spring, with a good choice of rates, and I can adjust the ride height. I did get them from Speedway, love that place.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor