82 Malibu Wagon in New Zealand

If you are shipping around the world, avoid choosing one with the filler next already attached. Have a radiator shop unsolder your filler neck and swap it to the new tank.

These tanks are damaged by poor packaging - inadequate padding inside a huge box, or with the fill tube left hanging out of a smaller box and bent or cracked when used as a convenient handle by the package handlers. I shipped one back to Rockauto and mercifully, a second one survived the trip packaged the same way.

Last edited:
Also before ordering measure your tank! There was supposed to be two available one was more gallons/liters than the other and the depth was the difference. Please double checked my statement but I believe there was.

Reactions: Davenz
If you are shipping around the world, avoid choosing one with the filler next already attached. Have a radiator shop unsolder your filler neck and swap it to the new tank.

These tanks are damaged by poor packaging - inadequate padding inside a huge box, or with the fill tube left hanging out of a smaller box and bent or cracked when used as a convenient handle by the package handlers. I shipped one back to Rockauto and mercifully, a second one survived the trip packaged the same way.
Good point. So naturally RockAuto only has with filler neck already attached. Oh well.

So happy I was able to help. 🤣

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor