'83 Cutlass Cruiser Build Thread

Been debating adding the vinyl woodgrain trim around the car once it's painted. Should I do it?

• Yes, that wagon needs woodgrain

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No, leave that wagon smooth and simple.

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks guys!
Been a bit over two years now that the car has been apart for paint.
I've had this build in my head for over 7 years now, so I'm excited to finally get some color on it! :banana:

Today I got the car all masked up and ready to hit it with sealer... Probably tomorrow.

Blake, I read your reply on liquids thread about the header emblem. If your chrome outer is good, try a vinyl sign shop for a new inlay if your plastics cracked or faded. I thought about doing this with my Salon but ended up shaving it. It might be cool to use the woodgrain your planning on using on the sides then have them screen print a rocket logo in the middle. I don't think they can screen print chrome but they could cut out a chrome rocket and stick it in the middle of the woodgrain inlay. Be a neat custom header panel emblem. Just a crazy thought I had

Reactions: Blake442
Not a bad idea... I'll look into it more once the car starts going together.
Who knows, I might get lucky and find a nice one...

Today I got two coats of sealer on the doors, 1/4's and tailgate.
Turned out great but I used up all of my sealer, so the header panel and hood will have to wait.

I'd like to shoot some more surfacer on the fenders tomorrow.
We'll see if I do that or get distracted...

WP_001357.jpg

Unmasked the car today and admired my work for a while. Not too shabby!
Need to address a few spots around the factory leaded seams at the upper A-pillars and lower D-pillars.
There are also two spots that need to be welded up along the top of the windshield opening...
I was using an air hammer with a molding blade on it to remove the leftover urethane, and I sliced the metal a wee bit.
Then I can finish the seam sealing and spray the chip-guard.
Once all that is sorted the body is ready to get some color.

The plan for this week is to get another coat of surfacer on the fenders and get them blocked out again.
I'll order up another quart of sealer so I can shoot the header panel, hood, and hopefully the fenders next weekend.

WP_001359.jpg

Reactions: Longroof79
We're all rooting for you, Blake..:respect:

lookin good!

Thanks guys!
Tuesday I shot two more coats of surfacer on the fenders.
Today I had the best of intentions of fixing the few spots I missed and blocking them out, but I had one of those days and got distracted...
My sealer should show up tomorrow so I can shoot the hood and header panel on saturday.
If I have time left after that I'll start scratching on the fenders.

Reactions: Longroof79
Sooooo close....🙂 Get crackin' :wax:

Blake I am catching up! You are so close! Looks good sir.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor