'83 Cutlass Cruiser Build Thread

Been debating adding the vinyl woodgrain trim around the car once it's painted. Should I do it?

• Yes, that wagon needs woodgrain

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No, leave that wagon smooth and simple.

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wish that's what was distracting me! lol

Today I shot two coats of sealer on the hood and header panel.
It was really windy and I ended up with a bunch of sh*t getting kicked up onto the hood after the final coat. Mostly dog fur haha...
Otherwise they turned out good.

This week I'll try and get the fenders wrapped up, as well as the spots at the A and D pillars.
Then I can lay down the rest of the seam sealer.

WP_001362.jpg

WP_001364.jpg

Was running on fumes this morning, but I still went out to the shop to try and make some progress.
I ****ed off for a bit, stared at the car for a while and then managed to get the passenger side fender blocked out.
There's one spot I need to fix, otherwise it's good to go.
Hope to get both of them wrapped up Thursday so I can seal them on Saturday.

almost there! Yours will be in paint before me for sure, I can't wait to see some pics!

Reactions: Blake442
Thursday I got the drivers side fender blocked out and called it a day.
Today I fixed the spots at the A and D pillars as well as one on each fender.
I'll shoot a little surfacer on each spot Tuesday and then sealer on Thursday.
Oh yeah, and I still gotta fix those spots on the windshield opening...
And that's it. Body work DONE!

I'll mess with the last of the seam sealer and chip guard this week too... Then it's time to order up some paint! :banana:

Noticed that I totally missed two big spots on the top of the drivers side fender this morning...
Took care of those and then shot some surfacer over them and my other repairs at the pillar seams.
I'll knock em down and shoot some sealer on Thursday.

You are getting close!

Hey man, don't wait for the icicles to hang off your roof..😛 Do I have to come out there and help you sand and prep? 😉
It would be nice to reassemble the car over the winter...just breakin' your balls, Blake. I know you're trying to catch everything before paint. I commend you for that.

I'm living vicariously through your,liquidh8's, and hafrod's build threads! amost makes me want to get out and do something on mine.... almost! :friday:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor