'83 Cutlass Cruiser Build Thread

Been debating adding the vinyl woodgrain trim around the car once it's painted. Should I do it?

• Yes, that wagon needs woodgrain

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No, leave that wagon smooth and simple.

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Otherwise, it would be difficult to be traveling mercenaries...:wax::friday:
It's a cool thought though.

Reactions: Blake442
Thanks guys... You're here in spirit! Your commentary and advise is participation just the same.
Watching you guys' progress and the encouragement from everyone has been a great motivator for me over the years...
It's fun to know there are some like-minded wagon folks out there that enjoy them as much as I do!

On a side note, They did some more moving around and work and I got my old position back!
I thought I'd have to wait a lot longer than 3 weeks, but it turns out several people quit after the layoff, so they ended up making a few call backs.
So that's a relief. Now I don't have to sweat it as much about tightening up my finances...
Which means I can throw caution to the wind when the time comes to buy parts for the wagon! lol

So yesterday I sanded out my repair areas that I had primed earlier and they all turned out good except for one.
I had to do some more work to the drivers side upper A-pillar seam to get the edges right, so I didn't shoot any sealer like I had planned.
If it was on the other side I probably would've said **** it, but I'll see it every time I get in, so it had to be taken care of.
I'll finish it off tomorrow and hopefully I can get the repair spots and fenders sprayed with sealer.
I'm on track to be ready to spray by the end of the month. Then it's paint time! :banana: :wax:

Blake,
I'm glad we can at least be with you in spirit, and to be of some encouragement. I know some of us tend to ride you a bit, but it's all in good fun. We want to see you succeed.
Before you know it, you'll be suited up and shooting color on the ol' gal.
We're all here for you, brother. :friday: I'm also glad to hear that your position at work is stable. That alone must have taken a big load off of you.

Yesterday I finished off my repair on the A-pillar and got everything wiped off.
Sprayed the fenders and my 4 repair spots with two coats of sealer and everything turned out good.
Pounded a little extra on the spot on the A-pillar so I can have a little more material to sand out.
Mostly I didn't want to have to mix up such a small amount of surfacer, or clean the gun an extra time lol...
Had some extra primer when I was done so I dusted in a lite coating on all the bolts for the door hinges.
I had stripped them bare so that they didn't get all chewed up looking after messing around with aligning the doors.

This week I'll tackle my two remaining spots at the top of the windshield and get my seam sealer laid down.
Then I'll spray the chip guard and seal over that and any other repairs that may pop up between now and then...
And then it's paint time! :banana:

Did you ever sell the Century? Or are you keeping it for winter beater duty now? I saw it wasn't on CL anymore.

You mean the Regal?
I still have it... Ad should be up...
You wanna buy it?! Lol...
Some kid is supposed to be coming to take a look at it this afternoon, hopefully they buy it... I want it gone before I have to spend any more money on it lol

Last edited:
Nevermind... I just sold it. :banana:
It was a fun change of pace/distraction from driving my shitty old truck for a while.
Luckily it only stole a couple days of time away from the wagon...

Reactions: Longroof79
That was kinda quick! I had a stupid idea, found almost an entire 86-87 intercooled turbo setup this summer and bought it. All its missing basically is a turbo and bolts. Thought it would be fun to bolt the setup on the stock motor and see what happens.

Good it sold. Money in your pocket and a bad decision out of my driveway! 🙂

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor