'83 Cutlass Cruiser Build Thread

Been debating adding the vinyl woodgrain trim around the car once it's painted. Should I do it?

• Yes, that wagon needs woodgrain

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No, leave that wagon smooth and simple.

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lol it would've been the perfect sleeper with that combo!

Today I eyed up my two little spots on the top of the windshield opening and decided to leave them be.
Once the windshield is installed, the urethane will more than cover the area, so I doubt a leak will be an issue.
If anything, welding it up just raises the risk of problems in the future once it burns the paint off since I can't get the backside to redo it...
So with that checked off my list, I moved on to laying down the seam sealer on my remaining spots.
I ordered some different sealer to do the drip rails so I'll take care of that Thursday hopefully along with the chip guard.

Pics of the fenders in sealer, my 4 repair spots and some of my handy work with the seam sealer...
WP_001388.jpg

WP_001399.jpg

WP_001394.jpg

WP_001395.jpg

WP_001396.jpg

WP_001391.jpg

Reactions: Longroof79
Nice work! To hit this level of quality, you would have dropped $30K at a body shop by now. And they'd just bury the bodies in undercoating.

SO CLOSE!

Got a bit of a late start this morning but still managed to get my chip guard sprayed on the lower portion of the body.
One can was the perfect amount to get two decent coats on, and I'm very happy with how it looks.
I staggered my tape lines to help ease the transition, it's easier to see on the fenders.
First coat goes up to the lower body line. Second coat goes up to the upper body line.
I could've done it nicer, but I'm sticking to my version of doing a 'factory' style restoration... In the sense that not everything is perfect!
I let the chip guard blow into the door jambs just like the factory did.

WP_001400.jpg

WP_001401.jpg

WP_001402.jpg

WP_001403.jpg

I'll get the drip rails seam sealed on Saturday and then I'm ready to go! :banana:
I might black out the backsides of the hood and header panel before I spray, but I haven't decided yet...

Looks good, Blake.
Wish I had thought of using the chip guard...oh well. .as they say, .C'est la vie.

Reactions: Blake442
Got the drip rails seam sealed today.
Unlike the rest of the car, I did tape it off to make it look nice since it's so much more visible lol.
And that's it... Ready to rock! :banana: :wax:
Monday I'm going to hit the junkyard for a few things.
Tuesday I'll order the paint and start masking up the car.

Yeah man, that's what we want to hear..:friday:

• Agree
Reactions: O. D. Showtime
Made my trip out to Rohner's and couldn't have asked for a more beautiful fall day!
Sunny and 68* on Nov.2 in Minnesota is crazy! Honestly this year has been one of the nicest falls I can remember.
The weeds/brush were still pretty thick but not as bad as in June, so I was able to get around a little better...
I didn't see anything I couldn't live without, since I was mainly there to grab a few things for Jim.
I'm sure I'll have another list compiled in time for my next voyage in the spring.

Tomorrow I'll order up my paint and start masking!

Reactions: liquidh8

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor