'83 Cutlass Cruiser Build Thread

Been debating adding the vinyl woodgrain trim around the car once it's painted. Should I do it?

• Yes, that wagon needs woodgrain

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No, leave that wagon smooth and simple.

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Made my trip out to Rohner's and couldn't have asked for a more beautiful fall day!
Sunny and 68* on Nov.2 in Minnesota is crazy! Honestly this year has been one of the nicest falls I can remember.
The weeds/brush were still pretty thick but not as bad as in June, so I was able to get around a little better...
I didn't see anything I couldn't live without, since I was mainly there to grab a few things for Jim.
I'm sure I'll have another list compiled in time for my next voyage in the spring.

Tomorrow I'll order up my paint and start masking!

Man, I was wrapped up this weekend and I am just catching up. The chip guard looks good, I am still on the fence if I am going to use it or not.

I can't wait till see the color on this thing.

Good to hear you are having some good weather still, we still are here. Thanks for making the trip to find some stuff for me.

Reactions: Blake442
No problem, Jim! You/I got really lucky that I was able to get all of the screws out!
Got to the shop this morning and the seam sealer I laid down in the drip rails had shrunk a lot more than I expected.
So I hammered on another healthy layer and now I should be good to go...
With that sorted I got started masking up the car, but only got about 1/3 done before taking out my r/c truck for a bit and then calling it a day.
Ordered up the paint and clear today too. Hopefully they don't **** up the color so I can spray my door jambs this weekend...

Reactions: Longroof79
Them screw are an absolute pain in the *ss sometimes, we talked about that before.

I haven't messed with any of my trucks in some time, I feel bad actually. I need to run a tank of fuel through them all before it gets too cold.

My second round of seam sealer in the drip rails turned out alright.
Not perfect, but neither is the rest of the sealer... which was intentional on my part.

Dragged my feet all morning and barely got any masking done.
I'll finish up the rest saturday and maybe even spray the jambs.

oh and this...
WP_001405.jpg

:banana:

That's going to look smokin' on there.....😀

Last edited:
I can't wait to see it in color! Wish you were closer!

Painting anything today was a long shot so naturally I didn't make it that far. lol
First I finished up masking (for now) and then contemplated/second guessed my plan of action for a while.
Once I got myself moving again I cleaned up and blacked out the underside of the hood and header panel.
Looks shiny in the pictures because it was still wet, but it dries to a nice satin finish.
I need to sand the dog hair out of the hood so I'm going to wet sand that and the header panel this week.
After that the plan is for a big shop clean up... ugh
Maybe next weekend I can make some color fly! :banana:

WP_001410.jpg

WP_001411.jpg

WP_001412.jpg

Looking good Blake! I have to do the same thing with my parts, blacking out the backsides of things.

I am still playing catch up!

Reactions: Blake442

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor