'83 Cutlass Cruiser Build Thread

Been debating adding the vinyl woodgrain trim around the car once it's painted. Should I do it?

• Yes, that wagon needs woodgrain

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No, leave that wagon smooth and simple.

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got a bit of a late start yesterday morning but still got the dog hair wet sanded out of the hood...
Tomorrow's mission is shop clean up... yay

As long as we don't have an east wind on Saturday I'll paint the door jambs and rockers.

WP_001419.jpg

Got the shop all cleaned out today and moved stuff around so I have room to work.
Still a few things left to cover up, but it's 90% ready...
I'm gonna head out tomorrow and mask up the rest of the car so that I'm ready to spray right away on Saturday.

Hopefully you can lay some color on this thing this weekend! I'll be checking back often for sure!

Good luck, buddy...we'll be tuning in on your progress.

Reactions: Blake442
Got the rest of the car masked up today.
It's good thing I did it today instead of trying to squeeze everything in Saturday because at my slow pace it took me about 5 hours...
I swung by Menard's on the way home and picked up two decent looking tripod lites for $20 each.
Hopefully they'll help prevent me from doing what I did to the 442 hood I painted a couple months ago... 😳
Forecast looks good so tomorrow we'll let 'er rip! :banana: :wax:

I'll be checking in tomorrow night to how you made out, I'm excited to see it in color!

Go for it bubba...the weather ain't gonna get any better. 😉
I'll also be looking forward to seeing your progress.,,don't procrastinate. 😛

Success! :banana:
Jambs turned out great.
4 coats of base and 2 coats of clear.
I'll unmask the car tomorrow and get some better shots with some sun lite.

After basecoat
WP_001422.jpg

WP_001423.jpg

After clearcoat
WP_001424.jpg

WP_001425.jpg

And one stripe on the garage door for posterity. Nice work. After being patient for so long, it must be hard to hold back. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Awesome! Looking good Blake!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor