'83 Cutlass Cruiser Build Thread

Been debating adding the vinyl woodgrain trim around the car once it's painted. Should I do it?

• Yes, that wagon needs woodgrain

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No, leave that wagon smooth and simple.

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
turned out beautifully! :drool: makes me want to find a wagon!

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Hideous, but I think that was the point. The Griswold's would be proud.

• Disagree
Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Blake, this is awesome! Wish I lived closer, I'd come over and have way to many beers staring at it, haha. I also forgot about the rubber radiator support fillers, get withe when you get a few and well get it done!

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Exciting! Hope to see it this summer at what was carcraft!

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Stand by this, a wagon is on the fringe as it is, a G wagon for sale a couple blocks away with Pontiac 301 power, wife would kill me. The designers of the 70's were obviously 60's burn outs thinking green on green with wood trim was awesome. How about sh*t brown, harvest gold, you get my point. It is obvious the look he is going for that retro wagon look.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Blake442, what material did you use to make those radiator closeout panels? Would you mind sending me the patterns as well, it would help me out with an idea i have. Awesome build by the way! Lots of valuable information in this thread.
Patterns got a bit buried when I reorganized the garage a few months ago... You could always make your own templates out of poster board.
This is the material I got. One square yard was enough to make 2 pairs of mine.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=291210180055

I don't think hideous is the word I would've chosen...

Thanks Jack, I'm assuming the front end will come down a bit... right now it looks just like it did with the old SS springs in it! lol

Thanks Jim, I finally sent out your package a couple days ago... keep your eyes peeled!
Did you find a source for the tailgate bumpers? I measured the difference between them and the door bumpers, but that's as far as I got lol...

Jacob, will the 2+2 be ready? Otherwise bring the Cutlass and we'll throw my aluminum hood on it before you leave!

Thanks everybody for the kind words! I'm glad there's a group that enjoys these things!
Now that this thing is pretty well wrapped up, I've been pushing around ideas for what the next project will be...
Got a few things in the works, once spring rolls around I'll size up my options and start taking something apart!!! :banana:

Reactions: 4 users

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Thanks Blake, i assumed it was masticated rubber, but i just wanted to confirm that. Thank you for the link, and I'm sure it'll be easy to trace out some panels. Thanks again!

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I will for sure have the 2+2 there.

I will have to grab that hood sooner rather than later. I have drove through the cities like half a dozen times since I said I will take it but my rainier has always been packed and theres no room. Maybe Ill bring some ratchet straps next time!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Blake, I forgot about them TBH, lol. I'll keep a lookout for sure. As far as the tailgate bumpers, I did get something that works. I'll look around in my parts, I may have another pair. If not, I can take pics and measure them. I can't remember where I bought them.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Blake,
Any new pics and upgrades?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor