83 Mexican Montecarlo Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

osantisbon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 11, 2011
Mérida, Yucatán, Méx.
Randy_W said:
I know a guy that lived in Mexico for several years, he drove his Monte Carlo home once. It was white like yours, had the Grand Prix dash with tach and gauges and was 350/4 speed manual with overdrive.
You did a great job on that car! 8)

Manual speed with overdrive?

In my case is automatic THM350, thanks.

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
Sweet, i dont normally like white but that's badass. Lol when i read "mexican resto" i was expecting a lowrider.

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
His transmission was a 4 speed manual but 4th gear was an overdrive. No clue what transmission. That's the only time lever saw the car and it was just a few months old at the time.

o ARC ATHEISTxX

Greasemonkey
May 1, 2011
Los Angeles
I'm just in Aww

burgundy83

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2010
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
osantisbon said:
S4023707.jpg
Are these wheels exclusive to the Mexican Monte?

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Nice job! Looks great. Body, paint, inside of trunk, engine bay, interior, apolstry, floors, bushings, ++ you friend did some work and should be pleased. Are you the owner or did you do it for someone else and did you refresh the engine.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
burgundy83 said:
Are these wheels exclusive to the Mexican Monte?

I don't think so. I recall seeing a few of these a long time ago, but I believe they were 14's. I'm not sure what size the Mexican Montes got. I can't imagine GM casting these in a bigger size for such a limited application either.

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
Those wheels were here in the American market as well, my brother in law had a demo with them.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Randy_W said:
His transmission was a 4 speed manual but 4th gear was an overdrive. No clue what transmission. That's the only time lever saw the car and it was just a few months old at the time.

hmm, I wonder if that was the my6 aka A833OD (for you mopar guys).......GM was using them in their trucks at the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor