83 Mexican Montecarlo Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Had an 87' Monte LS new from the factory with the 14-inch checker board wheels (only available in 14-inch we were told)!
I remember in the mid 70's (maybe Hot Rod magazine), people were taking the 3-speed Saginaw OD transmissions and installing the over drive into Saginaw 4-speeds. I'll try to find the year, month, and page number of the magazine the article was in.

Doug

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Tha transmission article is in Hot Rod magazine, April 1975, page 30. The article is titled 4+0=8. An approximate Saginaw overdrive final drive ratio (just copied one) direct: 3.73:1, overdrive: 2.61:1. FYI.

Doug

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
it's nice to see some one saving a gbody especially when it looks to be in really rough shape at the start. i think most people would have sent it to the crusher. i'm glad you saved it. it looks real nice A1 job

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Wow! JeFe te ponistes las pilas Compa in this build!!!! :p :p

I miss mexico, My Cuegros have a big house like the one in your pics , and i miss going over there, but ur doing a real good job! keep showing us pics.. :lol:

VIVA MEXICO!!!! :mrgreen:

laman1982

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2011
phoenix az
que bien jale se avento compa ! le salio bien chido el monte carlo !

dave1978

Apprentice
Aug 6, 2011
Nice job. Looks like the stuff we get too deal with in Pennsylvania with all the salty roads in the winter.

rlsllc

Apprentice
Sep 24, 2007
Ohio
Good Job Man!!!

lildudefl

Master Mechanic
Aug 25, 2011
Las Vegas (Cali at Heart)
Definitely a great build with lots of work. i like hos the classic look was maintained...hope to see more on the interior 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor