83 Mexican Montecarlo Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
anyone else notice theres no tubes coming out of the exhaust manifolds? no smog regulations in mexico? wonder if it has a cat?

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
maliburacinfreak said:
anyone else notice theres no tubes coming out of the exhaust manifolds? no smog regulations in mexico? wonder if it has a cat?

I'm not sure about your area but to my knowledge in most proviences in Canada and possibly states in the US if your car didn't have a cat from the factory it doesn't have to have any put on to pass inspection or smog (not 100% sure on smog because we don't have it in pei.) so pretty much any car 1988 and back doesn't need a cat it.

tto CADILLAC MOANE: only the Mexican monties came with them. If i'm correct they also had different gears in the rear end and some also came with a 4sp manual. I can't remember all the differences the mexican monties had but they're pretty cool and rare. I was surprised to learn some of the 78-80 A body and even some 81 cutlasses came with a sun roof option lol. this forum will teach you a lot about our cars and cool little facts

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
84cutlassjuggalo said:
maliburacinfreak said:

I'm not sure about your area but to my knowledge in most proviences in Canada and possibly states in the US if your car didn't have a cat from the factory it doesn't have to have any put on to pass inspection or smog (not 100% sure on smog because we don't have it in pei.) so pretty much any car 1988 and back doesn't need a cat it.

tto CADILLAC MOANE: only the Mexican monties came with them. If i'm correct they also had different gears in the rear end and some also came with a 4sp manual. I can't remember all the differences the mexican monties had but they're pretty cool and rare. I was surprised to learn some of the 78-80 A body and even some 81 cutlasses came with a sun roof option lol. this forum will teach you a lot about our cars and cool little facts
all cars in the US had cats since around 75 or 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor