REGAL 84 Buick regal. Spring updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

83beater

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2019
Depends on engine and transmission. WIth my big block chevy and turbo 400 transmission I had to slide the entire transmission and torque converter back in order to do it.

Like I said though, if you don't have a roll pin or a dowel of some sort in the end of the crank shaft then you really should install one.
Its was a 305 with a 350 transmission took starter off and moved it .removed drive shaft from the back and removed the transmission bolts and tv cable, also used a h.d. tie down staples under the engine so it would tilt and brake the dizzy cap and moved the transmission back back a foot or so .and the job was straight forward and re torqued everything 5lb more to spec and back on the road..also got a flexplate cover at swaptmeet 5$ (didnt have one) and set it up in there .I always like to hear out other people ,who have done it or heard of it .to make the job easier. Some said to take transmission out,of take the disturbrator out ect. Which I didnt do

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Its was a 305 with a 350 transmission took starter off and moved it .removed drive shaft from the back and removed the transmission bolts and tv cable, also used a h.d. tie down staples under the engine so it would tilt and brake the dizzy cap and moved the transmission back back a foot or so .and the job was straight forward and re torqued everything 5lb more to spec and back on the road..also got a flexplate cover at swaptmeet 5$ (didnt have one) and set it up in there .I always like to hear out other people ,who have done it or heard of it .to make the job easier. Some said to take transmission out,of take the disturbrator out ect. Which I didnt do
Good deal man! Sounds like you did what I did. Unhooked shifter cable, speedo cable, removed crossmember, driveshaft, bell housing bolts, converter bolts and slid it back enough to get in there.

Reactions: 1 users

83beater

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2019
Good deal man! Sounds like you did what I did. Unhooked shifter cable, speedo cable, removed crossmember, driveshaft, bell housing bolts, converter bolts and slid it back enough to get in there.
Thank u sir .never done it before .I was dragging thinking about doing it .but over all it wasnt bad.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Interesting situation. Hopefully it can be saved pretty easily and inexpensively.

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
So finally got some prices from machine shops and i have to say. Holy s&/&
One shop wanted $1485 for everything plus i would need to buy new bearings pistons etc

The other guy said well somewhere between 900-1000 but couldnt give me specifics. He also doesnt have a website and no reviews or anything online. No presence. I dont trust it

I did however find a company called titan engine who has remans ( i know) with a 36 month unlimited mileage warranty

They have the exact engine i have the 3161 blockcast with 5A heads for $1763.00

They also have a late 70’s olds 350 for $1900 ( i know windowed mains etc).

Remember im not racing, doing burnouts or looking to go 0-next red light in 2.2 seconds

So gun to head, only those two choices, which would you guys go with?

Im worried about rebuilding my block and the cam bore is messed up. The 1485 people said if thats the case i need a new block. They dont line bore the cam

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
For $137 more I'd take the 350 upgrade. It'll be a little more fun. Remember, just because you have it doesn't mean you have to use it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Go the 350 route. let the warranty run up, then do as you wish with it.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor