84' Cutlass pro touring build

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Those lower rear shock bolts are the same for '64-'88 A/G's, should also be the same on simular vintage B's.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Ok, I was mistaken. They are speedway.
Screenshot_20190806-181242_eBay.jpg

My Quickperformance axle shock mounts are a couple degrees off from stock by they worked for me. If you have the correct stock lower mount angle you should be golden.

I'll get some pics when I get my car home. Should be tomorrow if it stops raining.

Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Not much to report on. Just picked up my 4L80E transmission and convertor. Mentioned to the guy who helped me load it on my truck that the 12 month 12,000 mile warranty would probably do me no good because I probably wouldn't have her running by then. I get a call from the owner after I leave and he tells me he would extend it to 3 years 36k for me because he deals with guys doing full frame offs all the time and that this trans is so stout for what I'm doing it should last forever. Built for 850hp. I believe in excess. Lol
Hopefully by next week I'll have fuel lines and brake lines done then I'll mate transmission to the engine and get her done. Also had convertor rebuilt with slightly higher than stock stall speed
20190810_182605.jpg
20190810_182708.jpg
20190810_182702.jpg
20190810_183420.jpg
20190810_183409.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

Malibu795

Apprentice
May 13, 2019
not intentionally raining on your celebration....id be questioning the HP limit of the transtar1 recon line of TCs... they are great for stock/mild HP builds.. but not much more than that... granted its warranted... so you get a freebee if it fails.. and I wouldn't halt the project to swap it right now..
reality is Recon isn't on par with B&M, TCI, Hughes, Rossler and other top end TCs.. I've ran recon TC personally, they're great for what they are... not so much for what they are not

Reactions: 1 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
not intentionally raining on your celebration....id be questioning the HP limit of the transtar1 recon line of TCs... they are great for stock/mild HP builds.. but not much more than that... granted its warranted... so you get a freebee if it fails.. and I wouldn't halt the project to swap it right now..
reality is Recon isn't on par with B&M, TCI, Hughes, Rossler and other top end TCs.. I've ran recon TC personally, they're great for what they are... not so much for what they are not
Agreed. I was going to run the trans/convertor stock. So I'm thinking this is a bit better 😀

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor