84' Cutlass pro touring build

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I cleaned up windshield wiper motor and wanted to paint it with the 2k aerospray epoxy primer then satin black. What should I do about the plastic cover before? Do I still use an adhesion promoter?
20191206_154538.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I've Never used the epoxy you're using but follow what the paint sheet says as far as a universal promoter goes on all surfaces,prep etc.especially plastics.i don't know what they call for but the tech sheets on paint products is law on procedures in my book.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I've Never used the epoxy you're using but follow what the paint sheet says as far as a universal promoter goes on all surfaces,prep etc.especially plastics.i don't know what they call for but the tech sheets on paint products is law on procedures in my book.
melloelky thank you... It's an Eastwood product. Some of the plastic adhesion promoters say they are not for urethane products? I don't know. Also since you have been here longer than I, should I ask these questions in paint section or is the build thread ok?

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
as far as i'm concerned it's fine in your thread and all.that wiper cover's a semi/rigid plastic so it's not on the urethane spectrum.that's usually aimed at a flexible plastic.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I've got the Bulldog for the plastic. Now my question is about the trim for windshield. There is this plastic strip inside 3 of the pieces that can slide out. Should I leave them in and spray primer then color or remove them first?
I worry that after layers are sprayed that it might be very hard to slide them back on.
20191207_093409.jpg

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Remove the plastic strips while you paint the trim. While they're out you can clean them with dawn soap and water, then re install before the trim goes back on.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor