565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Reactions: 1 users

Rodknok

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2022
Almost done boxing in the notch. Will grind down the welds and give it a fresh coat of paint.
20220729_191800.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Turbo LQ4 with HVAC? I like it. I may have missed it, are you going to run an intercooler?

Rodknok

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2022
Turbo LQ4 with HVAC? I like it. I may have missed it, are you going to run an intercooler?
I will definitely be running a fmic. Going to be alot of stuff crammed hehind the regal grill.

• Agree

Rodknok

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2022
Welds cleaned up and a fresh coat if paint. Had to put a hole in one of the plates to gain access to the front motor mount bolt. Next I will be attacking the transmission. Currently I have a 4l60 that will go in there while I'm sourcing a 4l80.
20220730_131619.jpg

20220730_131623.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I will definitely be running a fmic. Going to be alot of stuff crammed hehind the regal grill.
There is alot of room (no kidding), but the AC will need to be turned off if you plan to beat on it. The issue is the AC condenser is transferred to the IC, trans cooler, radiator, etc. But ideally you won’t be needing AC when running down the track (if you ever do).

I can safely say that the heat transfer from the IC to the trans cooler and radiator is something I keep track of. 10 seconds after the 1/4 mile stripe my coolant temp creeps more than 20 degrees at times. Some is from the coolant/engine, but a lot is from the IC. The coolant temp drops in less than 30 seconds as long as I don’t shut off the motor.

Back on topic, make some bracketry for the condenser, IC and trans cooler that’s easily serviceable on case you have to get one component.

Last edited:

Rodknok

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2022
There is alot of room (no kidding), but the AC will need to be turned if you plan to beat on it. The issue is the AC condenser is transferred to the IC, trans cooler, radiator, etc. But ideally you won’t be needing AC when running down the track (if you ever do).

I can safely say that the heat transfer from the IC to the trans cooler and radiator is something I keep track of. 10 seconds after the 1/4 mile stripe my coolant temp creeps more than 20 degrees at times. Some is from the coolant/engine, but a lot is from the IC. The coolant temp drops in less than 30 seconds as long as I don’t shut off the motor.

Back on topic, make some bracketry for the condenser, IC and trans cooler that’s easily serviceable on case you have to get one component.
I will need a new condenser as my had some damage, I've heared the 3rd gen camaro condensers have better hose fittings configuration. Also I'm up in the air on what radiator and fan combo to use. F body, g body or some other style.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
You have a ton of room with your manifold setup. I’m not a fan of the crossover in the rear setup for maximum go, but dang they leave you every option available in front of the motor.

F-body , Intrepid, whatever will work - just get a dual factory setup.

IIRC 565bbchevy has an aftermarket setup from Amazon that is Intrepid maybe, that will work and is compact. Send him a pm if he doesn’t respond.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
IIRC 565bbchevy has an aftermarket setup from Amazon that is Intrepid maybe, that will work and is compact. Send him a pm if he doesn’t respond.
I have the Intrepid dual fan set up on both my Regal and Monte and both are using oversize Griffen aluminum radiators with 2 x 1.25" tubes.
This set up keeps the 565 Big Block happy on the street and cools the Regal ridiculously well.
This is the fan I bought for the Regal
20220612_134042 (1).jpg

Reactions: 8 users

Rodknok

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2022
I have the Intrepid dual fan set up on both my Regal and Monte and both are using oversize Griffen aluminum radiators with 2 x 1.25" tubes.
This set up keeps the 565 Big Block happy on the street and cools the Regal ridiculously well.
This is the fan I bought for the Regal
View attachment 203548
Sweet, would you happen to have any pictures of how you mounted the fan to the radiator?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor