'84 Monte Carlo Daily Driver Project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Looks really solid - I bought one to turn into a race car but it was too nice and found a Sonoma instead.

2016-08-14 00.57.39.jpg

• Agree
  • Creative
Reactions: 4 users

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Damn, I like that car more every time I see it, and I'm a Cutlass guy. It just looks so minty:drool:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Damn, I like that car more every time I see it, and I'm a Cutlass guy. It just looks so minty:drool:
If I wasn't already up to my eyeballs in my car, I would drive up there and buy it from him.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
I put a tach in the Monte a few months ago, couldn't bring myself to drill any holes in the dash so I just used the existing A-pillar trim mounting hole and kept the original screw. The Monte's been doing pretty good as a daily, even with tweaked ball joints, an inch of ground clearance, and one hell of an alignment in the front. I've already got 4 new springs(stock Monte SS for the front), ball joints, end links, tie rods and tie rod sleeves, so as much as I dig the low stance, I'd prefer to have the car drive properly and give me enough confidence to drive it on the highway for longer that a few miles. Recently broke three front studs, leading me to replace both front rotors and bearings, etc. Once the suspension is settled I'll buy some new white walls for the 15" sawblades and get an alignment. Still not a huge fan of this car, but I love how it gets me to work every day
DSCN6331.JPG
DSCN6335.JPG
DSCN6342.JPG

AxiumVlor

Apprentice
Apr 20, 2017
I put a tach in the Monte a few months ago, couldn't bring myself to drill any holes in the dash so I just used the existing A-pillar trim mounting hole and kept the original screw. The Monte's been doing pretty good as a daily, even with tweaked ball joints, an inch of ground clearance, and one hell of an alignment in the front. I've already got 4 new springs(stock Monte SS for the front), ball joints, end links, tie rods and tie rod sleeves, so as much as I dig the low stance, I'd prefer to have the car drive properly and give me enough confidence to drive it on the highway for longer that a few miles. Recently broke three front studs, leading me to replace both front rotors and bearings, etc. Once the suspension is settled I'll buy some new white walls for the 15" sawblades and get an alignment. Still not a huge fan of this car, but I love how it gets me to work every day
View attachment 64657 View attachment 64658 View attachment 64659
Lol i did the exact same thing

Attachments

• 20170422_185949.jpg
    20170422_185949.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 201

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
View attachment 64657 View attachment 64658 View attachment 64659

I love the look of your Monte Carlo. It reminds me so much of the '83 Monte in my avatar. It kinda makes me want to primer my '86 Monte Carlo daily driver all one color. Lol. Let us know how the suspension work goes.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Well, I've officially sold the Monte to a good friend of mine. He's had his eyes on it since I bought it, and I've barely driven it anyway. I'd rather break even and see it go to someone who wants it, instead of profit and see it go to some tweaker. He loves it, and he has plans for it, so at least I know it's going to a good home(he's a fellow malaise-era car nut like me). Enjoy a few pictures of the Monte with my Cutlass, and my brother's '80 LeSabre.

DSCN6583.JPG
DSCN6573.JPG
DSCN6574.JPG
DSCN6575.JPG
DSCN6577.JPG
DSCN6578.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Well, I've officially sold the Monte to a good friend of mine. He's had his eyes on it since I bought it, and I've barely driven it anyway. I'd rather break even and see it go to someone who wants it, instead of profit and see it go to some tweaker. He loves it, and he has plans for it, so at least I know it's going to a good home(he's a fellow malaise-era car nut like me). Enjoy a few pictures of the Monte with my Cutlass, and my brother's '80 LeSabre.

View attachment 69004 View attachment 69005 View attachment 69006 View attachment 69007 View attachment 69008 View attachment 69009

It's good to see that you found the Monte Carlo a good home. Hopefully your friend gets a lot of enjoyment out of it. Did you tell him that with the purchase of the car he gets a free membership to the forum? I'd love to see what happens with the car and what kind of plans your friend has for it. If he's not a member, you should encourage him to join!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor