84 Monte SS I bought mostly completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Wow, that's some impressive work you've done. Any pics of it aired up? Also I'd like to see some pics of your suspension related modifications.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
It would be for inners & outers. Being up here in Armstrong Co. I would like to be able to see better on the roads at night. I was expecting nothing would be plug & play. The inners, hi only or hi/lows?
Honestly I think that the outers I am running would be more than enough at low let alone high, but running both I would run what I have in the inner and put an LED bulb there in place of the HID's that they send with the units. I am sure you can get them without, although now they are running a newer set that have the LED bulb built in with slightly different look. I'll look around and show you

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Wow, that's some impressive work you've done. Any pics of it aired up? Also I'd like to see some pics of your suspension related modifications.
All aired up

Attachments

• 20160328_163134.jpg
    20160328_163134.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 232

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Mclellan & all; You sure have a good eye & take great photos. What caught my attention was the blue Holden with the Pontiac badge? You're about the 5th guy on here that has a "G" & a Holden. But you're th only guy I've seen that has a Holden front end with the Pontiac badge. It's good to be different & you qualify. Take care Ole' Bob.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Greetings Mclellan & all; You sure have a good eye & take great photos. What caught my attention was the blue Holden with the Pontiac badge? You're about the 5th guy on here that has a "G" & a Holden. But you're th only guy I've seen that has a Holden front end with the Pontiac badge. It's good to be different & you qualify. Take care Ole' Bob.
Much appreciated, yeah I thought I was the only idiot who would spend so much on a front end to just put a Pontiac back on it. I didn't really like the chrome and the attention it would draw in people wanting to know what it was. Not to mention I didn't want to make a full conversion to the Holden stuff, but when I did mine it was before many of the people decided to go all Holden. So I had to come up with my own way to make the Pontiac symbol fit back in. It could use an update now I'm sure as could much of the car, but any work that I do is usually on the Monte now.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Hi Mciellan & all; So I'm guessin' that the GuTOo isn't stock under the hood? I also looks a bit lower than delivery height? I'm just about to remove my King rear springs (so called stock height) that are (20% ?) stiffer than stock. They are just too stiff for the deteriorating roads here in Wisconsin. And my ole' body just don't like the frost heaves every 20 Feet. And speaking of ole' bodies, I just completed another lap around the sun today 71 & I'm due for a pit stop! So how stiff is the air ride on the SS compared to the Blue car. I'm not sure what to call your Blue car? Is it a Holden, a Pontiac, a Monaro, a GTO or a Vauxhall (UK). Not to mention that in the middle East they were Chevy's (Lumina SS?). Anyway my Malibu rides on Eibach short springs and they are noticeable softer than the GuTOo rear King springs. I should also mention that the Eibach short springs are a blink softer than my OE 9C1 cop springs. But that is from my 1997-98 memory. If ya haven't already & I'll go back & look, post up some info about your wheels. As I've been looking at various 10 spoke styles in 18" since you can't buy Good 15" tires any longer! And it seems that 16" quality (low UTQG #'s & V or better speed rating) tires are disappearing also. When I last spoke with Global West (most of my suspension) they told me to skip 17" & I don't remember why. Something to do with their front arms? Thanks for any info, birthday supper looming, Ole Bob.
Ps: Where do you live? The CHC is having their annual BBQ August 19th just North of the Windy City. As we speak 63 automobiles (Holden's GTO's, G-8's & SS Chevy's) are on the list. Come on & join us.

Attachments

• IMG_0775.JPG
    IMG_0775.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0778.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 191
Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Hi Mciellan & all; So I'm guessin' that the GuTOo isn't stock under the hood? I also looks a bit lower than delivery height? I'm just about to remove my King rear springs (so called stock height) that are (20% ?) stiffer than stock. They are just too stiff for the deteriorating roads here in Wisconsin. And my ole' body just don't like the frost heaves every 20 Feet. And speaking of ole' bodies, I just completed another lap around the sun today 71 & I'm due for a pit stop! So how stiff is the air ride on the SS compared to the Blue car. I'm not sure what to call your Blue car? Is it a Holden, a Pontiac, a Monaro, a GTO or a Vauxhall (UK). Not to mention that in the middle East they were Chevy's (Lumina SS?). Anyway my Malibu rides on Eibach short springs and they are noticeable softer than the GuTOo rear King springs. I should also mention that the Eibach short springs are a blink softer than my OE 9C1 cop springs. But that is from my 1997-98 memory. If ya haven't already & I'll go back & look, post up some info about your wheels. As I've been looking at various 10 spoke styles in 18" since you can't buy Good 15" tires any longer! And it seems that 16" quality (low UTQG #'s & V or better speed rating) tires are disappearing also. When I last spoke with Global West (most of my suspension) they told me to skip 17" & I don't remember why. Something to do with their front arms? Thanks for any info, birthday supper looming, Ole Bob.
Ps: Where do you live? The CHC is having their annual BBQ August 19th just North of the Windy City. As we speak 63 automobiles (Holden's GTO's, G-8's & SS Chevy's) are on the list. Come on & join us.
I don't have a whole lot done to it, I have OTRCAI, Kooks LT Headers, Borla Grapefruit Shooter Exhaust, and a tune so only putting down 350 to the wheels. It is lowered front and rear although the rear seems to sit higher. Well happy birthday, hope you had a great day. I still wish they had just sent over the 05 Monaros as they were and think they would have sold much better that way instead of ruining the name in many peoples eyes. I like the way the GTO handles since I put the lowering and all poly bushings for it to handle tighter, but the Monte rides like a nightmare at the moment. I drive it with the bags maxed out since there is a slight leak, once I put the new Ridetech Digital air ride in I'll be much happier with the ride quality. I'm out in Pittsburgh, never been to Chicago but would like to make a trip at some point. Don't think I could swing the BBQ but it would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor