84 REGAL LIMITED REAR DEFROSTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve84

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2018
That is listed for an 84 Monte Carlo so I have no idea if that fits your application. Have you removed any of the dash to try to test for current and to trace wires to see where and if there is an relay other than the one in the fuse box? Have you tested to see if there is any current at the back window when you have the rear defog on?

The defrost won't turn on. I need to find out where the defogger/timer relay is located. I also heard it could be located in the "REAR COMPARTMENT ACCESSORIES" whatever that means. It could also be in the trunk, behind the radio or under the rear seat. I don't want to rip apart my car to find the relay. Someone on earth must know exactly where they put it on all 1984 Regals.

Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The defrost won't turn on. I need to find out where the defogger/timer relay is located. I also heard it could be located in the "REAR COMPARTMENT ACCESSORIES" whatever that means. It could also be in the trunk, behind the radio or under the rear seat. I don't want to rip apart my car to find the relay. Someone on earth must know exactly where they put it on all 1984 Regals.

you have not tested any cucuit so how the f*k do you know the defogger won't turn on? People have answered many of your questions but if you refuse to do any actual work on your car you are wasting our time

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 user

Steve84

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2018
you have not tested any cucuit so how the f*k do you know the defogger won't turn on? People have answered many of your questions but if you refuse to do any actual work on your car you are wasting our time

You are correct. As soon as weather permits.. I am testing the A line for strong GROUND, the C line for 12 volts when key is ON, the D line for a good GROUND about 2 oms or so, and the E line for a constant 12 volts at all times. This will tell me if the problem is before or after the switch/control/timer/relay module.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Just wondering, have you looked into getting a Fisher Body manual? As this is a body realated it will be in it showing where everything is hidden.

Steve84

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2018
Just wondering, have you looked into getting a Fisher Body manual? As this is a body realated it will be in it showing where everything is hidden.

well it appears there is no 12 volts on the terminal "E" where there should be constant or where there should be 12 volts "C" when key is "ON". Unless the digital meter is lying. now to look next at the 30 amp breaker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor