85 Cutlass Supreme - Mulligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yes, the stock 94 ECM and all the sbc sensors. Just match the year the set up came from. I used the NGK O2 replacement for my 94 4x4, any replacement O2 should thread right into your manifold. I used Sanderson shorty headers with custom dual exhaust with a bung added. Make sure you torque the knock sensor to 11 ft/lbs, otherwise it will throw off the readings. Here is the manifold cap you need.
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sour...ghOMAs&usg=AFQjCNHh2nrKsjKPRKNzhnWzgwocPvVfbQ

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
That D5 converter will work well. You could do the big Transgo shift kit and servo, just don't set the servo too tight. If you use the green line bias spring in the kit, it adds about 300 rpm to the full throttle shifts, it could be as low as 3000 rpm but most are around 4000 rpm. The Holley high flow inline TBI pump is a good pump but an in tank pump is better. You will have fun little driver when finished.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Wiring the CCC 307 distributor is super easy. The wire colour is the same but different plug, the extra black wire just needs grounded since you are going from a 8 pin to 7 pin module.

Algershick

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2015
Tacoma, Washington
Getting close to buttoning up the 307. Torqued the heads, replaced a couple of push rods, and torqued the rocker arms. Turkey tray and intake are bolted down waiting for the RTV to set, I'll get it torqued tonight. In the middle of painting my valve covers, and I've got the throttle body pulled apart for a rebuild. I've got way too many little projects going on simultaneously...

Reactions: 1 users

Algershick

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2015
Tacoma, Washington
In an effort to quickly get my Cutlass back on the road, I returned to the local G Body filled junk yard to pull a carburetor and distributor from a 78 Cutlass that I remembered seeing. Cross referenced the Quadrajet numbers and determined its a 77 model from either a 350/403. In my haste and excitement, I didn't realize that the secondary throttle shaft is seized.... :( So its currently 100% disassembled and soaking in Berrymans. I've got a rebuild kit on the way. I'm hoping my M4ME throttle shaft is the same, I'll see when I get them both removed.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
While prolly not exactly recommended I ran the entire throttle plate from my electro quad on my 79 403 q jet bolted to my old 71 Buick 455 lol

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
There was some small diff....mainly under where the secondary floatbowl is on the electro quad was. I honestly can't remember if I filled it or just screwed it together.

Algershick

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2015
Tacoma, Washington
That's good to hear, I'll probably check it out today. Not sure whats going on with my 4M4C qjet, the shaft is bound HARD. I was able to get it to budge finally, but the shaft actually twisted some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor