85 Monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Hannigan

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2018
O-HI-O
Sanded and painted the headers, 1 coat... Is there anything to get the small pits out from previous rusting? If not oh well, just slap a couple coats of paint on them and call it a day. Save a couple bucks refurbishing rather than buying new.

Reactions: 1 users

Zspoiler

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2018
There is a high temp primer by VHT and other companies . That was the brand of paint I used before I started to Cerma -chrome .my headers.

James Hannigan

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2018
O-HI-O
There is a high temp primer by VHT and other companies . That was the brand of paint I used before I started to Cerma -chrome .my headers.

Yea I used the VHT primer and VHT black put another coat of primer and 2 more coats of black. Can still see some pitting but the headers were kinda bad.

Reactions: 1 user

Zspoiler

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2018
Maybe this might be a temporary thing .And until you can if and when you decide another set down the road.

James Hannigan

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2018
O-HI-O
IMG_2971.jpg IMG_2979.jpg IMG_2983.jpg IMG_2984.jpg IMG_2985.jpg IMG_2984.jpg IMG_2971.jpg IMG_2978.jpg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 234

James Hannigan

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2018
O-HI-O
todays headache, was told to go with this starter because I had headers, but it doesn't sit right touching the fly wheel. Also go this fuel line rig, but the part that goes into holley carb has a gap. Would adding an O-Ring work?

James Hannigan

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2018
O-HI-O
output-1.jpg output.jpg

Here is the starter sitting up against flexplate. Summit starter box is pictured above. This is a 350 small block is this starter wrong or could you suggest one. Seeing how this has to go back.

Zspoiler

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2018
I have had more luck with Tilton mini starters. I have a 1981 El Camino SS with a 290 HP 350 ,With FlowTech "shorty" headers .I have had it for years with no issues.

Reactions: 1 user

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
I can't see what you took off but if it was a staggered bolt pattern that is for the 168 tooth flexplate, straight bolt pattern is for the 153 tooth flexplate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor