BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Just hide the other body BEHIND the panel...problem solved.

Can't. That's where he hides his shame.

happy fun GIF by South Park

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Where does the guy who makes the filler panels advertise? Might have to look him up.

Hutch
I've really thought about doing stuff like this on the side, but barely have time for my own nonsense not to mention not enough covered area to do stuff outside. I've been offered money already on custom parts, but I enjoy the one off stuff. Tbh Hutch, I got the idea from cars I've seen over the years. Then I stumbled upon a company in Florida called Alien Enclosures who sells trunk kits. They have good images on their site, and so I priced their kit with materials and realized I could cut the cost in half doing it myself.
I bought the cabinet grade plywood and 3M spray glue at home depot, the carpet and vinyl came from JJ Auto Fabrics in Cali. I made templates from cardboard to get the rough shapes, then transferred to wood cut intentionally big so that I could trim them down to fit right.
Everything is a friction fit and doesn't seem to need velcro or anything, yet. A couple good spirited drives will reveal the flaws in my design lol. This setup will also allow me to hide a bag of tools and such too.

Reactions: 7 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Hide tools? How about a nitrous bottle??

Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
For shizz and giggles I did a before/after collage. Pretty proud of myself for pulling off the trunk panels. I sure wish my dad could've seen it, but I'm confident he's smiling down.
20210309_082451.jpg
20150407_121434.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 13 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Sounds great, not on this 5.3 though. If/when another bullet gets built it'll be a stronger LS ready for more shenanigans. This short block was a Craigslist deal that I'm being easy on. I just hope it holds up long enough.
jeff bridges opinion GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I've really thought about doing stuff like this on the side, but barely have time for my own nonsense not to mention not enough covered area to do stuff outside. I've been offered money already on custom parts, but I enjoy the one off stuff. Tbh Hutch, I got the idea from cars I've seen over the years. Then I stumbled upon a company in Florida called Alien Enclosures who sells trunk kits. They have good images on their site, and so I priced their kit with materials and realized I could cut the cost in half doing it myself.
I bought the cabinet grade plywood and 3M spray glue at home depot, the carpet and vinyl came from JJ Auto Fabrics in Cali. I made templates from cardboard to get the rough shapes, then transferred to wood cut intentionally big so that I could trim them down to fit right.
Everything is a friction fit and doesn't seem to need velcro or anything, yet. A couple good spirited drives will reveal the flaws in my design lol. This setup will also allow me to hide a bag of tools and such too.
Thank you. I actually meant the Header Panel Fillers. I should have quoted the post to be more specific since it was two pages back. That's my bad.

Where is that guy from Ohio on the web?

Hutch

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Sounds great, not on this 5.3 though. If/when another bullet gets built it'll be a stronger LS ready for more shenanigans. This short block was a Craigslist deal that I'm being easy on. I just hope it holds up long enough.

Yeah, you better play it safe.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor