87 Monte SS build

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
Your shop looks like mine. How did you support the body and drop the frame?
We used two jacks that can reach pretty high. For the front I used a 4×8 piece of beam to support underneath the floors, and then jacked it from the center. For the rear we used a big block of wood and placed it on the two rails where the fuel tank straps bolt onto, and jacked it from there. It was sketchy but we got it done. By the way it was 3 of us. So if you have some friends, just have them give you a hand.

Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Anyone know where I can source a proportioning valve, I am using the inline tube stainless brake lines, and will be running disc brakes all around.
You will need the Disc/Disc Combination Valve, that's what it's called. Pics of one here in my thread, looks like the link is broken at the moment but that is who I got it from at the time and been working fine since I put the C5Z06 Brakes on the front.

Rocknrod

All Around Good Egg
Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2024
That's what they say.

Reactions: 1 user

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
An old trick i used to get the front springs compressed with no weight on front end is to use a chain along with your jack. Use the chain under and behind the front wheels of jack looped all the way around the frame. Use padding on frame areas where chain wraps. When you jack up lower arm it will compress no problem and it's very safe. Hope my description makes sense.

Reactions: 2 users

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
An old trick i used to get the front springs compressed with no weight on front end is to use a chain along with your jack. Use the chain under and behind the front wheels of jack looped all the way around the frame. Use padding on frame areas where chain wraps. When you jack up lower arm it will compress no problem and it's very safe. Hope my description makes sense.
Appreciate that 🙏🏽

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
I'm still missing some parts to continue with the suspension part of the project. So decided to tackle the headlights today. Can't wait to see these on the car.

PXL_20240110_212043851.jpg
PXL_20240111_012926755.jpg
PXL_20240111_013845636.jpg PXL_20240111_013325947.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Looks good 👍. I don't know if you mentioned but what head lights are those? Halogen, Led, projectors?

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Looks good 👍. I don't know if you mentioned but what head lights are those? Halogen, Led, projectors?
Was gonna ask the same, hoping they are projectors for HID or LED

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
They are made by Dapper and they are actual glass. They do have projectors and you have the option of bulbs. I got mine with the LED bulbs.

Reactions: 3 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
They are made by Dapper and they are actual glass. They do have projectors and you have the option of bulbs. I got mine with the LED bulbs.
I wonder how the demon eyes would do in there?

• Agree

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor