87 Monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
these are the threads i like!! Great progress man, everything you do looks super clean, Keep it up! :wax: :banana:

Nice ride.. Keep up the good work it will pay off in the long run

All I can say in dam sick *ss garage I have a two car I call it a working one car but I would rather have yours . Keep up the sick work

That engine is a piece of beauty!! Awesome!! Hang in there, it's looking great!

Looking good as always bruh! can't wait to see the air cleaner setup complete. keep up the good work!

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
youngdeezy said:
damn the Roc Shop is on point. i think i'll have to slide by for a oil change :mrgreen:
Aw fam! Swang thru! I got you covered. Just picked up a baaad *ss 3.5 ton floor jack. Lifts 22" high in 7 pumps.

I also picked up a Craftsman ball bearing top box. Gonna have all the homies that swang thru the shop sign it..

4737927498_da5a72acd1_b.jpg

damn bro i get shocked every time i swing by. realtalk i take a couple trips here and there when i can and do my research so i can swing but the cool spots on my way to my finial destination. well in this case my next socal trip isnt to far away and stopping by is now a must. I'll have to leave a nice piece of graffiti on your box too, what you like to drink? beer, liquor, wine, water???

x2 on what mel said, your setup is about to be on BEAST mode once you add the new piping.

CamaroAdam73 said:
Damn, i'm glad to see someone else is where i am with my car, or was anyways.

Great job dude, really. Your car is ****ing sickk.

I'm almost done building the motor for mine, Most of it's high gloss powdercoat black, i'm blacking my 88 Monte SS out.

Thanks bruh!!! Did you start a build thread? I'll search your name to check it out. Sounds really clean 8)

454muscle said:
Gaahd DAMN!!!!! Your Roc Shop is even nicer than I thought. You've been workin' bruh and it shows. Well done. I'm no longer joking about moving next door lol. You might think I'm still joking but really, I'm not!

The Monte is lookin' sick as usual. I wish I could present my work as nicely as you do! Lots of nice detail. I hear you about shops ****ing up your sh*t and not taking responsiblity. That's the whole point -- we try to get away from having ANYONE else touch your car but you. That's the whole beauty of your whole setup... and I gotta say, well done bro!

P.S. when you present your shyt like this, it's appreciated by so many people including me! Keep up the good work! :friday:

WOW!! Thanks for that bruh. You guys keep me motivated to learn this stuff and keep moving forward. Its a bumpy road, and Ive messed alot of parts up, but its all for learning ya dig? Thanks again bruh. Man I wanna go turn some wrenches now. LOLOL!

3XBrownCutty said:
these are the threads i like!! Great progress man, everything you do looks super clean, Keep it up! :wax: :banana:

Thanks for checkin it out and the continued encourage ment. Preciate' it! I didnt think peeps really took the time to look at the pics and vids. All the comments and encouragement I get from you guys keeps me goin STRONG! Im new to all this but Im willing to et inthere and try to get it done. Thanks again!

kuruption109 said:
lookin good...

Thanks family! 8)

Ratdoggy1 said:
Nice ride.. Keep up the good work it will pay off in the long run

YEP! Im finding this out quickly. LOL! It does feel sweet when I tackle a job and it turns out ok. NO MORE SHOPS! Thanks for shootin thru and checkin the old guy out.

1986elcamino383 said:
All I can say in dam sick *ss garage I have a two car I call it a working one car but I would rather have yours . Keep up the sick work

Aw man! Thanks for the comment! I still gotta pain it and do the epoxy flooring stuff, but its coming together. I figurerd I get it functional if Im gonna be doin all the work now. I nedd a few more tools and stuff and then I can do a great majority of the work right in the shop area. Thanks again for checkin it out and the comment.

Pennsy86Montessguy said:
That engine is a piece of beauty!! Awesome!! Hang in there, it's looking great!

It was scary at first with this lil SS. The old shop had effed up so much stuff on the wiring. Pretty scary, But I have nothin but time now. Just dissconnect the battery, label everything and get to cleaning it up. Thanks for the encouragenet and for checking the pics/vids out.

melman109 said:
Looking good as always bruh! can't wait to see the air cleaner setup complete. keep up the good work!

Thanks bruh! I still gotta get some other piping and couplers to finish it off, but Im gettin there. Should look pretty crazy once done...Thanks for checkin back..

@ Deezy...Oh yeah bruh! You gotta swing by, I gotta fresh marker waiting. Imma try to get things crackin in the shop and get it as "functional" as possible. Gettin some shop lights today. Found a sweet deal on C-list. I got some new updates on the whip too.

Started on this project a while back, but never got a round to finishing it up(apt living sucked for getting work done on the ride) Gauge cluster project. I had filled in the groove where the pinstripe goes and cut some holes for hauges. I also had smoothed the center section. I want the top pinstripe and then have the bottom pinstrip follow the lines around the steering column. It will make the smoothed "T" section pop out. I also picked up another Audio Control Bass knob and mounted it in the passenger side mirror spot. I have power mirrors on a caprice switch that controls both mirrors, and that hole neede to be taken care of. Here's a few pics..

Made a swall template and made a cutout from an old cd, used some tape to hold it in place and layed some plastic epoxy over it

4743557071_1163e96674_b.jpg

4743554355_98019649f4_b.jpg

Backside

4744193292_3f28718484_b.jpg

Layed some more epoxy and tape down on the backside for extra strength. Marked and drilled the holes to mount the knob

4758049136_4eb1396fd5_b.jpg

Placed the sticker on just to see how it would look. Came out decent.

4757411989_3104ede604_b.jpg

4758044830_1ecc1f0ea8_b.jpg

Started running some wire to power it. This was done just for the pics...Also Ive had these gauges for 5 years wrapped up in boxes. Did know if they would even work. All the gauges have been moved from place to place. This was my first time seeing them lit up

4757411359_16c7862fdd_b.jpg

4758055310_dc36b75159_b.jpg

Radio flip project almost done

4744182164_25ec29593d_b.jpg

4743546555_b74bc9d306_b.jpg

4744185874_36a123128f_b.jpg

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OY3fPg5QRqQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OY3fPg5QRqQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

With the shop almost finished up, I can finally finish up all these lil projects I started waaaay back. Ive been getting all the wiring, splicers and other lil tools together to complete all the jobs. I cleaned up all the exposed wiring the old shop effed up also. Still looks like a rats nest, but at least its safe now. No frayed wires all over the place. I'll run everything really clean when I swap dashes. Thanks again for the input fellas. Keeps me goin strong! My girl is headed out to do some shoppin with her Aunt. That means I get to play in the shop ALL DAY LONG! LOL

Elco Warren

uneek1976 said:
Isee you gettin back @ it, lookin good my dude 8) .

Thanks for shootin back thru bruh! Yep. Trying to catch up with you! Been workin a lil bit on the old guy now that all the house stuff and movin has settled down. I need some lighting. Picking up a few "pull chain" flourecent setups today. Then I can finish a few things up. I also started guttin the interior again. That rewire job I had that old shop do has turned into my worse nighmare. Bad job. But its fun cleaning it up. Learning a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor