87 Monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Thanks for shootin back thru bruh! Yep. Trying to catch up with you! Been workin a lil bit on the old guy now that all the house stuff and movin has settled down. I need some lighting. Picking up a few "pull chain" flourecent setups today. Then I can finish a few things up. I also started guttin the interior again. That rewire job I had that old shop do has turned into my worse nighmare. Bad job. But its fun cleaning it up. Learning a ton.
Home Depot sells some Husky brand flourecents. They work great and are pretty inexpensive.

sick *ss foo love them epicenters what kind of subs u got ... what kind of music do u use the epicenter for?

bigjoenvegas said:
Home Depot sells some Husky brand flourecents. They work great and are pretty inexpensive.

Good lookin on that info bruh. Imma check into in later. I found a few more setups on craigslist and will scoop em up this weekend. Seem pretty easy to wire. Ive got my two all wired and ready to install...

kris_tol said:
sick *ss foo love them epicenters what kind of subs u got ... what kind of music do u use the epicenter for?

Yessir!! Ive been an Audio Control fanatic since I was knee high to a duck. Love their products. I also have the Epic 160 thats goin in my Elco. Im running a single JL 13w7. I had 4 of em. Yep 4! But after hearing the single, I quickly sold 2 of em and kept 2. 1 is in the SS, and the other is still sitting in the box new. Bought em back in 2002 when JL dropped em. Never fired. I have 2 1000/1 JL amps to push em. I had this VW Jetta I built from the ground up. I wanted (2) 13w7's in the car ported and tuned at 18hz, and 2 in the trunk. Sold the Jetta and 2 subs. The single 13 inthe SS hits hard enought to make you throw up bruh. And that was without having the epicenter on. Box is small. I forgot the specs. Its tuned at 27hz. Thumps pretty hard. Clean sounding... Im into hip hop and bass music bruh. I also dig Bob Marley and any island style music. Prince too bruh. Love him(no h*) just dig the musical genius he is ya dig... Here's a few pics from waaaay back when I had the system put in. Its all sitting in the garage in pieces now. gutted everything..

Click on pic to view photos of the build up..

Old vid I shot of it..

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/doBYgIUZtcI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/doBYgIUZtcI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Thanks again for checkin back fellas. I have a ton of updates, but my media card to the camera came up missing. No new pics yet. Been cleaning up the wack *ss re-wire job, and wiring up some of my gauges. Lookin good. I'll try and get something up soon. Thanks for checkin back..

Elco Warren 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Prince too bruh. Love him(no h*) just dig the musical genius he is ya dig...

Elco Warren 8)
My old lady always gives me a bunch of sh*t about how I like Prince's music. Personally, for someone who has been with Sheila E., Apollonia, Vanity, Carmen Electra, and a ton of other good lookin women, has got to be doing something right! Not to mention, he has written so many great songs for other artist too! IMO his music is far from being h*! More like pimp sh*t! Watch out Suga Free!

bigjoenvegas said:
Bumpin1ohmSS said:

Elco Warren 8)
My old lady always gives me a bunch of sh*t about how I like Prince's music. Personally, for someone who has been with Sheila E., Apollonia, Vanity, Carmen Electra, and a ton of other good lookin women, has got to be doing something right! Not to mention, he has written so many great songs for other artist too! IMO his music is far from being h*! More like pimp sh*t! Watch out Suga Free!

Bigjoe you are so right!!! I'll take what prince was doing anyday!!!!!!

bigjoenvegas said:
Bumpin1ohmSS said:

Elco Warren 8)

LOL! Yep! Dudes at my job start sayin all kinds of wack sh*t when I mention anything done by Prince. I make that same argument. The man has been with some of the finest women in history. Im bumpin "Alexia de Paris" right now in the shop! LOL! Thanks for swingin back thru to check the old guy out...I finally installed my 2" carb spacer I got from Summit a while back. Had it polished up also. BUT! I should have waited til the morning and grabbed a new fuel line. I took the old metal line off and rebent it to fit the carb sitting up higher. The fitting was a hair off, and I cross threaded the banjo bolt in the carb. I gues I can either get another fuel bowl or just take the old one apart and tap it. I'll tape off the hole to make sure no metal get down in there...This gives me the perfect reason to get the Holley Ultra Street Avenger 670 cfm carb. Ive passed the other Holley on to my boy. But I dont wanna give him something that isnt working. Any suggestions?

Cant find my media card. Here's a few pics from the phone..

4775270985_02f501b118_b.jpg

4775903734_8eec1950d7_b.jpg

4775904802_2e7da7fed7_b.jpg

Pillar pod mod. I couldnt find a triple gauge setup (4 years ago) and picked this one up. Its ment for a hard top car. I had to modify it to work with the ttops. I basically cut the old pillar and added it to the new pillar. Molded the two of em togehter. Now the pod sits nice and flush. Just gotta sand it and wrap it. There's probably a pod out there that works with the ttop cars now. But since I had this one and some material sittin around, decided to save some loot and work with what I got.

4775269895_99e2a0bf1a_b.jpg

4775906786_56b457fcb6_b.jpg

4775907644_954f032db9_b.jpg

I had to gut some of the interior to clean up the bulky stereo wires. Man its so easy to do things the right way. I found a hamburger and fries under the seats. This is some bs man! Cleaned that all up. There was mold spores all over the dynamat. :shock: Peeps just dont give a **** about your shiz man. Im also getting ready to clean and paint the interior parts up black..TTOP Tony got me inspired to get crackin on the interior part. Thanks T!!!!

4775905470_ec654ca554_b.jpg

After I cleaned everything up....

4775907128_7d98c925d8_b.jpg

4775270191_35388d8361_b.jpg

Taking the carb out in the morning after work, and then shootin it up to a spot to get it tapped. I could probably do it myself. Wish me luck!!!

Elco Warren

kuruption109 said:
lookin nice bro.... so are u puttin the cowl on the elco when u come or u leaving the stock one on

Imma try to get the cowl on there. Its stripped, but theres some bodywork needed beyond what I know how to do. The metal has to be "shrunk" in a few spots. I think the hood flew up a couple of times. I remember Elco James tellin me he forgot to latch it or something. But I cant do the work needed. I'll hit the bodyshop up Monday about it. I dont see why it cant be finished up by then...

Ok.. Got power to a couple more gauges. I also ran the wiring for my GNS Performance Digital tails. Im TOTALLY impressed with these. Unbelievable output. The cascading sequintial effect is nice! I dont know how i did it, but one of the solders broke and 3 leds stopped working. I think when I slowly turned the board over to move the dip switch, the wiring caight it. Warranty is probably a no go, and my homeboy ordered these for me last year. It would be a pita dealing with that. I gave em to my homie TT Tony. He's ALWAYS coming thru to help me with the ride and other projects. Here's a crappy cell phone vid of em. My battery isnt fully charged and they still have a bright output. I jumped the battery and man they are bright! I also got the reverse led bulbs. Ill have a whole write up and vid on em once I get another media card for the cam.

I still need to run the sending unit wires and run the wires for the ttop panel gauges and the pillar pod gauges. I also ran the wires for my lower polished panel gauges. The autometer setup. Lovin th eoutcome. And havin the lil shop to do the work makes it fun and easy to do...

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZhYGiDgXxCo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZhYGiDgXxCo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Reverse led's

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0oKAIwQ_J0s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0oKAIwQ_J0s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8C7kiF3yN9I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8C7kiF3yN9I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I'll get a better vid up soon as I find my media card, or get another one. Thanks for checkin back,,

Elco Warren 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor