87 Monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dat car clean as hell bruh i like it real tlk u jus killed mi lil eldebrock set uph lol but i always wanted a ss monte carlo nice ride thou but yea i like the dash was it hard to put in??

84elko said:
so the monte lives and that motor is looking good warren also damn i got to say the tailights are sweet are you sure the wiring problem is due to the front markers and not tha fact you have the leds in the back as the leds draw less power. just a thought cause the leds will make the flasher not work. just trying to help out. damn i got to get my *ss out to moval soon to see your setup.

Thanks for the input bruh. I had this prob before I added the tails. Theres all kinds of electrical gremlins in that car. I should have never let that old shop do the "re-wire" job. I had problems with the flashers from that rewire kit also. I need to get a new set. I found the flashers just hanging when you pull the glovebox door open. Not secured to anything. Just hanging by the wires. :shock: When I hit the stalk for the left side, the indicator would come on and I could hear the flasher. Then the flasher would slow down and the clicking sound starts to get lower and lower. Finally it stops and the indicator on the digital panel stops blinking and stays lit up( as if a bulb is out). Lights flash properly when I hit the hazzards. I wonder if the hazzards are hooked inline with the right turn signals flasher. OH...And with the car off I can still roll the windows up and down. LOL! Those dudes just effed that wiring up! :evil: On my notor "break in" trip to Arizona I almost didnt take the car because the left tail and front turn and front side marker lights where acting up. Then the flasher problem. If I install the front left sidemarker bulb, its really dim. I get a bulb out indicator on the dakota panel. Sometimes the bulb wont even come on. Replaced with a new bulb, same prob. Imma go thru and check all the grounds. Speaking off which, that shop had something backwards and I had power going thru a ground wire. It caused the highbeams to come on really dim when the lowbeams were on. My stereo spot was completly lost on installing the alarm. I remember the install guy cursing up a storm about the wiring. He said none of this is correct. Took the car back to the old spot that wired it and they say the stereo shop messed something up. Now Im the customer in the middle getin screwed. My stereo spot has never done me wrong.When the "Rod shop" was doin the install, they had 4 different dudes on the car. The shop owner never really checked sh*t I bet.. Thats when I decided to be done with shops and learn to tear up and fix my own ride..I'll probably have the wiring cleaned up by the time you come over. I'll get plenty of pics tho...

TeezySupreme said:
Dat car clean as hell bruh i like it real tlk u jus killed mi lil eldebrock set uph lol but i always wanted a ss monte carlo nice ride thou but yea i like the dash was it hard to put in??

Thanks for checkin the old dude out. Preciate the luv. Check this link out. It looks pretty easy to do...
click photo

Elco Warren 8)

youngdeezy said:
skills skills skills fam. this weekend i need to get something done on my cutlass after seeing all these new things you've been doing. i know i need to step my game up and do more 🙂

Step your game up??!! What!! Naw fam! Im trying to reach your skill level. This is some hood, backyard boogie stuff Im doin. The build you got goin on is ridiculously clean bruh!! Lookin at your youtube vids and the pics you showed me got me maaaad motivated to get on both cars. Mel laughs at me cuz he's like...Here we go!! HAHA!! All 3 of you young guns got it together!! With the help from all you guys I know Imma be good. I just got back from getting the an fittings and stuff needed for my sending units and fuel pressure sending unit. I also picked up the 1/4" tubings and pie cuts (gossets sp?) for extra bracing. Lucked out cuz they had spare pieces sitting around the exact size I needed.... Let the fun begin!!!! :mrgreen:

Elco Warren 8)

Wow man see that's what I'm talkin about. You just picked up more material to build and go hard on the monte. I got front row tickets for your show so I'll just sit back and watch, while the fun begins. Thanks for that complement dogg

Aw family!! Thanks! Preciate the love fellas! Im tryin. Im feelin alot better now and have started back on the SS. Got the wiring ran for my Badlanz electric cutout kit. Came out sweet. Didnt have time to snap pic cuz Im headed to work. I got a vid uploading now on youtube. I'll be spraying my interior parts when I get off. Well prepping them for paint. Thats the project for the rest of the week. Interior parts and start buttoning things up to get him back on the road.....I also ran the wiring for the Digi fuel pressure gauge. I had to ground the sending unit and then set the high and low warning points. Done. Workin sweet.....I'll get some photo's up on the work in the morn..

Thanks for checkin back...

Elco Warren 8)

Got the Badlanzelectric cutout kit installed and runnin. Did a lil vid of the install..

Pypes "X" Change setup mated to some Doug's headers. The X change has been flipped around so the flow shoots straight out the cutouts when opened...

4336045791_7b5361d831_z.jpg

4336813482_63574060f6_z.jpg

4744200518_b328483981_z.jpg

5183906877_ce42f9af0a_z.jpg

[youtube]HLOWl_jdonQ[/youtube]

Preppin the interior plastics (again-lol) for paint...Should be dont with the front section tomorrow..

5472454332_bdc94b419b_z.jpg

5471863613_7a8f75e95a_z.jpg

Elco Warren 8)

T-TOP TONY said:
what happened bro did u paint em?

naw.. I started the whole prep/clean job months ago. Let em air dry and thats where all the parts sat(for the past 4 months) Just layed the first light coat right now....SHould be done with the front parts tomorrow. I still had a lil grease in a corner on the shifter bezel. Sandin it and reapraying. Must have been something on the rag cuz I scrubbed/cleaned the hell outta the parts. Then hit em with some denatured alcohol..

Just sprayed...

5472076041_0e6f92811b_z.jpg

5472075123_30140ff371_z.jpg

Elco Warren 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor